Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Beam-R
dazzx10r

posted on 9/5/11 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
MK Beam-R

Just been down at Martin Keenan's today and was looking around his new car, I managed to get a few photo's of it without it's clothes on! Martin had just finished making his own airbox for it and mounted to a set of GSXR throttle bodies! I must say i'm mighty impressed with this car, having seen it at most of it's stages of build right up to today. Keep a close eye out on his website for the launch of the test drives, and form an orderly que! (behind me I hope) I'm not sure how to upload pictures on to here, so check out my photo archive for pics of the BEAM-R.
TimC

posted on 9/5/11 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
That really does look like the worlds biggest IL4 bike motor now. That airbox looks like very good news for the likes of me who doesn't want a bonnet bulge on their car too.

dazzx10r

posted on 9/5/11 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Just for those of you who don't know, Martin Keenan is http://www.mkengineering.co.uk and not to be confused with MK sportscars, who make the MK Indy.
loggyboy

posted on 10/5/11 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
That really does look like the worlds biggest IL4 bike motor now. That airbox looks like very good news for the likes of me who doesn't want a bonnet bulge on their car too.

Am i missing something, I assume the BeamR was a single BMW donor kit? Hence the name?

DRC INDY 7

posted on 10/5/11 at 05:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:

Am i missing something, I assume the BeamR was a single BMW donor kit? Hence the name?

I believe he was jokeing by saying it looks like a big bike engine because of the similair airbox design

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

Steve Hignett

posted on 10/5/11 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:

Am i missing something?

Almost definitely...

IMHO Tim was merely commenting that the engine looked like a "relatively" tidy package, what with the general size and shape, the fact that it's canted over at an angle, and then couple that with the fact that it now has a well-made Bike-Style airbox... Hence looked like an inline four motorbike engine setup, but Bigger...

TimC

posted on 10/5/11 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Story of my life - totally misunderstood!

chris-g

posted on 14/5/11 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
This has got to be the way forward, Sierras are becoming increasingly scarce.
Any idea what sort of power that engine produces? I have read comments on BMW forums that to tune the 4 cylinder engine to create significantly more power requires different internal bits and a good amount of cash. I read that the standard engine is in the region of 140hp which coupled with good reliability and reasonable fuel consumption is acceptable for me, but we all get a bit power hungry.
The gearboxes are so much smaller than any other I have seen.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.