Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: How much is it worth???
noc231073

posted on 12/5/11 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
How much is it worth???

With my Mk Indy hayabusa just complete and I have missed the hill climb championship
And after having such a nightmare with the build( due to Mks crap customer service) I am about to put the car up for sale without even driving it!!
Just wondering what it's worth. I bined most of the parts the came with the kit from Mk as to me they were sub standard
Spec is as follows
Mk indy R R
2010 hayabusa engine from Yorkshire engine, swinging pick up and sump, proper oil cooler hosing with an -8 fitting , oil catch tank with lower billet breather plate also -8 fittings. 4 pint accusump fitted with epc valve , pair valves removed with proper blanking plates. Ecu flash unit fitted. Also come with software and laptop
Flatshift pro system with full flatshift up and down the gears with build in safety for double shift
Alloy oil cooler and rad Specially made so oil cooler mounts in front of the rad
Ab performance paddle shift
Sparco steering wheel
Bike clocks
Electric reverse
Pedal box with bias adjustment in cockpit all willwood
Willwood 4 pots
Cosworth diff and large drive all rebuild after I got them from Mk because Mk just painted them black and called them reconditioned!
Mk seats
Sabelt belts drivers 6 point passenger 4 point
Protech coilovers all round
Suspension full Rose jointed
Anti rollbar front and rear
Goodridge brake lines all through the car no copper lines used
Including fuel hose
13" compomotive cxr wheels with yokohama o48r tyres 13 x 7 front 13 x 8.5 back
Spare set of wheels with slicks also comes with 2 more sets of slicks
Lifeline plumbed fire extinguisher system
Proper built car by an aircraft engineer with 10 years experience in Motorsport thats me.
I've spent in excess of 16000 on this car plus labour
Just wonder what price I should expect to get for it
It will be finished all set up ready to go . Road legal on Irish plates
So I dont know what ye guys need to do when importing to the Uk
Remember all parts fitted to the car are brand new parts no second hand part were fitted except the diff and drives which were rebuilt
It will be test driven by the guy who is doing my set up that's it so a max of 2-3 miles
It will not be driven anymore than that I will not drive it
Let me know what you think it worth
I know I am in Ireland but I can deliver to the Uk and meet people at the airport for viewing
There's probably stuff I forgot but it a rough guide of the good bits

Davegtst

posted on 12/5/11 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Such a shame Don't know how much it's worth but good luck mate.
craig1410

posted on 12/5/11 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
I think you would get a better price if the car had a few hundred "shake down" miles on the clock. If I was interested then it would worry me that the car hadn't been driven and I would want to know why you are reluctant to drive it.

It's a great spec without a doubt but at this time of year people will want something they can enjoy straight away without having teething troubles. It wouldn't take much time to put 300 miles on the clock and you might even enjoy it!

Just my tuppence worth - good luck with the sale.

Craig.

noc231073

posted on 13/5/11 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
Why I am reluctant to drive it !! Is because if I do I probably wouldnt want to sell it But is going and that's it
craig1410

posted on 13/5/11 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by noc231073
Why I am reluctant to drive it !! Is because if I do I probably wouldnt want to sell it But is going and that's it

Fair enough, I understand.

matt_gsxr

posted on 13/5/11 at 03:31 AM Reply With Quote
sadly, people on here realise what it actually costs to build a car, but most folk would be surprised that you could spend £16k on a kit.

Annoyingly, people here also have a project of their own, so don't have the £10k that your car is likely to raise.

Good luck with your sale. Pistonheads might be a good place to post an advert?

stevegough

posted on 13/5/11 at 04:56 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry you have to sell - such a shame - but - as a lot of the pleasure of these cars (IMHO) is in the actual building, you have already enjoyed the car in a way?

Slightly off-thread - You say the car will be 'Road legal on Irish plates' - so has the car had to be IVA tested (Irish Vehicle Approval?) as in England or is there some other equivalent test over there? This would have a considerable effect on what people in England would pay for it.

Good luck with selling it anyway.

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

iain b

posted on 13/5/11 at 05:56 AM Reply With Quote
as said above iva. my car is heading to ireland today ,its an 08 plate and has to be retested when it goes over...could be a small prob if we do the same....again do not know the worth but good luck in getting good price.....
macc man

posted on 13/5/11 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like you have been through the mill with MK. Not the first by the number of threads on here. I am in a similar position as
I have a high spec car which I feel I need to sell due to financial circumstances. Lots of friends have told me not to sell as I have spent so much time and money on it. So at present I have hung fire with the sale. Now is the best time if you do wish to part with it as they are in greater demand, but I urge you to think carefully as you may instantly regret it. Whatever you decide I wish you well.

hughpinder

posted on 13/5/11 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to see you selling up. The brutal truth is:
You will not get back what you paid for parts.
The fact that you are an aero engineer will only sway a few peoples opinions on the build quality.
IF it has to be IVA'd you may not be able to get more than 6 or 7K.(in the uk)
If its road legal in the uk and you have paperwork to prove it, probably go on pistonheads at 10K and take a near offer.
Just my opinion of course.
Regards
Hugh

noc231073

posted on 13/5/11 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
we dont have an iva test in ireland but we do have an nct test which is the same as your mot ...which will have to be done
hughpinder

posted on 13/5/11 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately the MOT is not the same as the IVA test, so that probably means whoever buys it would have to submit it for test with all the associated hassle/costs.

Regards
Hugh

nick205

posted on 13/5/11 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hughpinder
Unfortunately the MOT is not the same as the IVA test, so that probably means whoever buys it would have to submit it for test with all the associated hassle/costs.

Regards
Hugh

Worth checking for sure!

You might find an legally registered Irish car is a straight import into the UK, then again you might not - this will have a serious affect on the sale price to a UK buyer.

What happens if you move a car from Ireland to Northern Ireland - is it a simple re-registering process?

Best of luck with the sale and such a shame you're not happy to keep/drive it after so much effort and expense (I can understand why though).

Hellfire

posted on 13/5/11 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
You may have fallen out of love with MK but don't let that affect how you feel about the car... It sounds like it's been built well and to a superb specification, so it would be a shame not to drive it. You may have missed the Hillclimb Championship you were hoping to compete in but use the time between now and the next one to get some miles in the Indy and hone the car and your skills. It's certainly the right time of year for it. Then by the time the next championship comes around, you'll be properly prepared and ready to go

If you decide to sell now, you're likely to lose a small fortune compared to what you've spent and you'll miss the summer driving and preparation for the next championship.

Good luck whatever you decide

Phil

Custardpants

posted on 13/5/11 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
I am in the progress of building a car of exactly the same spec. If you'd put it up for sale 2 months ago for 10k I'd have had your arm off ;It will cost me near 15 to get there now.....if I were you id try to avoid selling if you possibly can. Certainly drive the car after all that effort and time-you only live once and a couple of hundred more miles on the clock wont make a massive difference to the second hand value If you then still want to sell.
ajw

posted on 14/5/11 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
build blues

Nick you have friday 13th build blues , wait till you have a blast and then make your mind up. I feel the same after blowing engine at Cadwell and waiting 6 weeks . You will fell better after a few pints this weekend and a blast in the karting track.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.