Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Needing a little help from you locostbuilders lot :D
james h

posted on 19/5/11 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Needing a little help from you locostbuilders lot :D

Hello everyone!

Two uni friends and I are struggling with our British Heart Foundation ride in July. We're supposed to be cycling from London to Brussels in 24 hours.

We've been training (including watching funny men in lycra falling over on youtube ) and got all the gear we need, but the one thing we're short of is some sponsorship. If we don't reach the target there is a real chance we won't be cycling the 240 miles to Brussels, as the BHF need £2900 from us by the 1st of June for logistical purposes and support crew for the 300 riders who will be taking part.

We haven't done too badly so far, considering we haven't had too long to raise the funds - we're on £1900.

For the price of a beer or whatever you think is right, could as many of you possible please donate a little to us for the British Heart Foundation? I know this might eat into your £250 budget but you can donate from £2 if you would like to

We would truly be very grateful for anything you could give, and we think its a very worthy cause - heart disease and illness is still the biggest cause of death in the UK, more so than any cancer.

If you can donate, and we hope very much you will, its a really easy one minute process at this site:

Justgiving.com/steakhouseteam

I want to see as many locostbuilders names as possible on the site!

Right, I'm putting on some lycra, then i'll be off riding. Might go cycling later too When I get back, hopefully the reputation of locostbuilders as home for the most generous, kind and awesome people in the world won't be tarnished

James H
Taha
Raoul

Krismc

posted on 19/5/11 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
My Mam is a manager for british heart foundation (up north) and as there profits are down at moment due to theiving scum pinching clothes, 40% loss in some areas i heard on news- i will definatly sponser you mate!!

BHF do a lot for NHS and research etc - best charity (along with help for heroes) not a penny wasted.

Good luck with the Ride

EDIT to say - you have now been sponsered - dont let us down

[Edited on 19/5/11 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

james h

posted on 19/5/11 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks to Benzine and Kris! As well as those who sponsored us last time I posted

Keep it rolling in guys

Thanks

James

Confused but excited.

posted on 19/5/11 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
+1

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Confused but excited.

posted on 20/5/11 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
FFS! Come on guys.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Gordy

posted on 20/5/11 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
+1, good luck.
Krismc

posted on 22/5/11 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
BTTT

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

james h

posted on 22/5/11 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the bump!

We have just over a week left! Is there anybody else who can donate?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.