Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2008 r1 oil light
shorts

posted on 25/5/11 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
2008 r1 oil light

I HAVE A 2008 R1 MOTOR IN MY MK EVERYTHINGS FINE WITH IT BUT I HAVE THE OIL LIGHT FLASHING. IT HAS THE CORRECT OIL AND AMOUNT, ANY IDEAS ANYONE.

DAVE

Davey D

posted on 25/5/11 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
have you been using/running the engine, and it has just happened, or is it a new engine install that your trying to sort out any last niggles?

on the 06 R1 the oil light comes on from a sensor in the sump which is just a float sensor which drops down with low oil level, thus completing the circuit, and making the light come on.

Have you accidentally unplugged the sensor wiring?(goes round to the underside of the sump) have you fitted a sump baffle, and damaged the sensor? could something be making the sensor stick in the down(low oil) position?

adithorp

posted on 25/5/11 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know for sure with the 08, but on the 06 it just comes on (doesn't flash) and are a low level light, not presure. They're tempramental and will come on when... revved with the oil cold or overfilled and run at constant high revs. Could also be the switche has failed or the wiring is faulty.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

shorts

posted on 25/5/11 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
oil light

hi guys

the engine is a new install, i have not put a sump baffle in as its only for road use, but i did add an extra half a litre of oil thinking that was what should be done. maybe thats it. there appears to no mention of a flashing light in the r1 manual.

Dave

Kev99

posted on 25/5/11 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hi I've just upgraded my Indy to an 08 R1 this winter and I would not run it without a baffle plate fitted ant the breather mods done even for the road

Kev...........

PS
Not been out in mine but the oil light dose not come on even when cold or revved

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.