Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: hand brake cable securing / iva acceptable
mrwibble

posted on 7/6/11 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
hand brake cable securing / iva acceptable

hi. just a quicky, cant find anything in the iva manual about hand brake cable fixings and how they need to be held to the chassis. i am thinking to p clip the cable to some chassis rails in these places:

wonder if anyone has experience with iva on this topic and if anything has come up in the past.

car is fury with sierra drums / cable.

ta, Ed.

austin man

posted on 7/6/11 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
P clips did it for me SVA though cant see there being a problem for IVA

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

RichN

posted on 7/6/11 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
I used cable-ties, but don't have them tied too tight. I failed IVA on the handbrake, the inspector suggested removing the cable-ties and it then passed the handbrake test, basically the outer of the cable has to have some movement too.

After cutting the cable-ties, I then failed because the handbrake cable wasn't secured !

Anyhow the inspector told me to use a cable tie in a figure of 8 with a small piece of rubber tube between the chassis and cable.

mrwibble

posted on 7/6/11 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichN
I used cable-ties, but don't have them tied too tight. I failed IVA on the handbrake, the inspector suggested removing the cable-ties and it then passed the handbrake test, basically the outer of the cable has to have some movement too.

After cutting the cable-ties, I then failed because the handbrake cable wasn't secured !

Anyhow the inspector told me to use a cable tie in a figure of 8 with a small piece of rubber tube between the chassis and cable.

thanks thats useful

vyperstrype

posted on 7/6/11 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
I think i used Stainless 'P' Clips. The ones that have the rubber that go around the inner part of the clip. Just Rivet them to the Chassis Rails, and that should do the trick!!

Cheers Eric.

Where there's a will, there's a death!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.