Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pressure Regulator location and fuel return?
mcg

posted on 12/6/11 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Pressure Regulator location and fuel return?

Hi,

I am running an 8v vauxhall engine with fireblade carbs. I have a facet fuel pump that is located next to the fuel tank.

I have been told I need a pressure regulator to bring the pressure down to 1.5 - 2 psi for the bike carbs.

So, my question is where should I place the pressure regulator?

I thought I need a fuel return back to the tank but I have read on the forum that this is not necessary when running the bike carbs?

Assuming no fuel return then, I plan to put the pressure regulator in line after the fuel filter on the way to the carbs? Is this right?

If I need a return, where should the pressure regulator go and where should the return pipe come off?

I have searched alot on the forum and read a lot, but I am still a little confused!!

Thanks as always.

Matt

phoenix70

posted on 12/6/11 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Running Carbs, you shouldn't need a return, and the pressure reg should be where you suggested.
michael92

posted on 12/6/11 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
reg placement

you are right yeah when using bike carb's (no return) the reg goes before and as close to the rail whereas if a return is used place after the rail

Michael

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.