Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: JK Composites Seats
a.j.stehr

posted on 18/6/11 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
JK Composites Seats

Has anyone got advise on these seats? I'm thinking of getting them for my Robin Hood but they don't look very comfortable for long journeys!!

http://www.jkcomposites.com/

They seem very reasonable...

Cheers

Ashley

David Jenkins

posted on 18/6/11 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
I've only had a brief experience of them (a few laps of Snetterton!) but they seemed very comfortable. Not sure what they'd be like on normal bumpy roads...

INDY BIRD

posted on 18/6/11 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
hi have them in my mnr,

and although not rod use is track only after 5 track days s year the seats are great and we have been in them all day so good comparison,

fit snug and support where required, better quality than some other manu out there,

i am happy with them,

cheers

rodgling

posted on 18/6/11 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
They are the comfiest car seats I've ever sat in. Protip: get them to put heated inserts in

[Edited on 18/6/11 by rodgling]

scootz

posted on 18/6/11 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
I've had a pair, but I never got as far as actually fitting them to a car (sound familiar!?) so can't comment on how they 'go'.

What I can say though is that they're certainly well made and finished.

It's Evolution Baby!

deltron63

posted on 18/6/11 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a pair in my car, they are alot more comfy than they look
gaz_gaz

posted on 25/6/11 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by INDY BIRD
hi have them in my mnr,

and although not rod use is track only after 5 track days s year the seats are great and we have been in them all day so good comparison,

fit snug and support where required, better quality than some other manu out there,

i am happy with them,

cheers

what size did you go for in the MNR?

and did you have them with any padding?

tul214

posted on 25/6/11 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
I had them...very comfortable
Description
Description

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 25/6/11 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tul214
I had them...very comfortable
Description
Description

Second that even slept in them when on a long trip when
I had the seven

gaz_gaz

posted on 27/6/11 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
anyone know which model jk seat i need for a MNR,

Cars away at the moment so i cant measure up myself and i'd like to order the seats asap.

Also does anyone know the going rate for a pair of almost new/mint Cobra Roadsters?

BigMac

posted on 5/7/11 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Have a set in my Westy, have to say they're very comfortable for fibreglass seats, even on the bumpier roads around here. A few decent long drives and I felt fine afterward. The additional 5 piece trim package adds a little more comfort and they'll do you them in a load of different colours and piping, which is cool.

I don't know personally what size you'd need, I'm around 5'10" and 16.5 stone; the 42cm's fit in the Westy with room to spare either side and are supportive but not too tight for me. Both are mounted to the floor using the built in lip in the seat itself. You'll need to mount them to the bulkhead as well, else they WILL flex substantially (unless you go for their floor brackets). The seatbacks are mounted to the bulkhead with the aluminium brackets they supply, but to be honest, you'd be better off (both financially and ergonomically!) making your own out of some spare ally. I found that you have to mount the seats quite far back for the brackets to be of use, meaning someone my size can't reach the pedals!

Best off giving them a call though, as they make several other sizes that aren't specified on the website...

stantman67

posted on 7/7/11 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Have a set (no padding bare shells) and even Mrs W finds them comfortable.

Seem to spread load better than some seats on a frame. Where bumps can let you feel the frame on some foam and sprung stype seats, the shell lets your natural padding work better at absourbing the hits.

The Black Flash

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigMac
off giving them a call though, as they make several other sizes that aren't specified on the website...

This ^^^

They might have a size specially to fit your car, they do for the Dax for example. They're very helpful folks to talk to.

thefreak

posted on 13/7/11 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Fitted a set I had from the Locost build to the MX5 recently

Must say I was very impressed with them, they're comfy, support in all the right areas and nice and snug (32" waist) wouldn't want to put on any weight!
I think I'll order some of the padding just to give them a bit more comfort if I'm going to be in them around a track all day s well as giving them a bit of protection from my jeans/clumsy ass dropping tools

first350

posted on 22/7/11 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
I've got these seats and love them. They are much more comfortable than they look...I run out of fuel long before becoming uncomfortable in the seats. My only concern has been that they seem to be fairly thin, especially up top around the head rest area...I'm hoping the clubs I plan to do track days with won't give me any grief. Any idea if these seats meet specific FIA/racing specs??

Neville Jones

posted on 22/7/11 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
If they are FIA approved, then they would have a sticker on them somewhere.

From my knowledge of the FIA testing procedure, I don't see that they would pass the loading test, because of the thin edges near the top. Maybe they've got steel bars in there, so then maybe they'd pass.

Cheers,
nev.

andy996tt

posted on 16/3/12 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
I've got no pads on mine and they are more comfy than they look !

[Edited on 16/3/12 by andy996tt]

TrophyJem

posted on 16/3/12 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Go for them. They are great seats, you won't regret it.
Talk to Jordan at JK, he'll advise what size is likely to be best for you (though do double check).

loggyboy

posted on 16/3/12 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by first350
I'm hoping the clubs I plan to do track days with won't give me any grief. Any idea if these seats meet specific FIA/racing specs??

FIA approved seats arent required for most racing, its pretty much only Rallying that require FIA approved and 'in date' seats.

b3ngy

posted on 23/5/12 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
I'm looking at getting some of these for my mk, can anyone advise if they pass iva ok???

Ben

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.