Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Plenum Casting
FASTdan

posted on 20/6/11 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Plenum Casting

I have finally got around to having a plenum prototype casting done.

Cast Plenum 1
Cast Plenum 1

Cast Plenum 2
Cast Plenum 2

Cast Plenum 3
Cast Plenum 3

Volume just slightly under 4000cc.

The intention is that this can be fabricated in a number of configurations:

1) single throttle body bolted onto the side, baseplate welded in with bellmouths, welded to manifold similar to my standard TB type manifolds. Injectors and fuel rail mounted if necessary. Basically catering for the re-use of the standard donour (zetec) fuel system.

2) Spigot welded onto the side for air filter hose connection, baseplate welded in to suit whatever carbs/bodies. Basically a large air box.

3) Spigot welded onto the side for boost hose connection, otherwise as 2). Allowing for turbo'ing of existing carbs/bodies.

The casting is 4mm thick and therefore designed with reasonable boost levels in mind. End plate 10mm thick for TB mounting, other tappings etc. Fitment will be to all my standard offerings (zetec, duratec, xflow, pinto, C20 etc etc).

Prices are still to be determined but I am hoping to compete or be close to other mild steel 'plenum' designs that are on the market (if a bit more I hope the aluminium and aesthetic aspects will aid in appeal).

Just after a bit of feedback really. Could possibly do with a volunteer to run one (do you good deal yes
) in the 1) configuration.

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Andybarbet

posted on 20/6/11 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Looks very nice to me

If i hadnt already picked up one off a production car i would have been interested in something like this.

Good luck

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

scutter

posted on 20/6/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
How do you think it'll look bolted to this?

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
FASTdan

posted on 22/6/11 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
I think it would look splendid Dan!

Why, what are your plans? Is that on bike bodies at the moment?

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
scutter

posted on 23/6/11 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
I'm toying with making the GSXR throttle bodies blow through via a turbo. But a plenium might reduce trackday noise.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
FASTdan

posted on 23/6/11 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Ah I see. Well you know where I am if you want to discuss, I will be getting a batch cast very shortly.

The one pictured above is being used to turbo a set of Jenveys on an ST170 engine

[Edited on 23/6/11 by FASTdan]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.