Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fisher fury with hyabussa engine
Norton91

posted on 26/6/11 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Fisher fury with hyabussa engine

Hi,
Just about to order a fury kit and have I think decided on a hyabussa engine over a Honda s2000, I would welcome any help/suggestions the car will be for road use- dry sump or wet with swing pick up and accsump, pcv and auto tune, flat shifter pro but manual paddle gear change as a motorcyclist still like contact with the gearbox. Apart from peddle ratio any mods for the clutch, will most likely mode the standard air box and pipe air in from the indecator holes that can't be used as too low for iVA. Will I need a cat for IVA, am happy to keep the pairs valve.

Any way any help would be gratefully received, I live in west Sussex if any one local (cosmic maybe as have only heard good thing about his advice)

Thanks Nigel

eddie99

posted on 26/6/11 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent!
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
RACER101

posted on 27/6/11 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
You have another U2U
SJL

posted on 27/6/11 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Up in Surrey if you want a chat/look round a dry sumped Megabusa. Using the SBD kit icluding their clutch slave cylinder.

Got through SVA without PAIR valve but you will need a Cat.

Dont bother with Power Commander you can reflash the stock ECU. I have the cable here and have already done my car.

Cheers

Steve

Pezza

posted on 27/6/11 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in Faygate west sussex, my Indy R1 is ready for IVA now bar a few bits of trim.
Gimme a shout if you need a hand or any tools

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

Chet

posted on 27/6/11 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Nigel

The Hayabusa is a great engine for a Fury.

A few points of possible interest.

You should use an 03 or later engine to get the revised starting system.

The 08 and later engines ( Gen II ) provide more HP stock than a lot of modified ( Gen I ) engines.
The Gen II engines are slightly taller though due to the revised TBs.

We have used the Koenig billet oil pan and swivel pickup without issues.
Strongly suggest not using a cut down stock pan.
The Hayabusa is sensitive to oil level.

The Freelander diff is geared well for the Hayabusa.

Chet

PS - I don't believe anyone has successfully used a S2000 in a Fury.

[Edited on 27/6/11 by Chet]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Norton91

posted on 12/7/11 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Well car ordered and coming next week hopefully, to save money (stopped counting at £21000) I have bought a part built Fury standard body classic lights no doors sprayed in jaguar frost blue. It need wiring and finishing, and I will be taking the fireblade engine out and fitting a bussa gen 2 engine that was delivered today along with a pc5, auto tune, flatshift expert, max, paddles and an MNR reverse box. Still going to cost £17k + when finished on the road but with all that power will not have time to worry.

Thanks for all the advice and when it arrives would be very happy to see anyone who would like to pop in

Nigel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.