Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Smiths speedo
mick10

posted on 5/7/11 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Smiths speedo

Problems with my Smiths speedo wiring. I have connected the clock as per wires required but am stumped by the magnetic pick up sensor wiring. I fitted it to the diff housing years ago and have fixed the magnets to the diff flange, i just cant figure out which wires to connect them too at the speedo head i have the wiring diagram but it does nt seem to clear any help on this greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MikeRJ

posted on 5/7/11 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
The "Smiths" electronic speedos are made by Caerbont AFAIK, they have instructions on their web site.
mick10

posted on 5/7/11 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ive been on their site but it dosent really give a lot of info on the magnetic proximity sensor, the problem is their is two wires on the sensor and the instructions for the clock are pretty crappy,

Green wire - Live feed to speedo USED

Black wire- earth USED

Brown/Slate wire- speedo illumination when ignition off NOT USED

Red/White wire- Power supply for speedo lamp sidelight feed USED

Red Wire- Only need if using a hall effect sensor, connect to a live feed NOT USED

White/Black wire-Connection for speed signal input from the hall effect sensor or, Electronic Control Unit or, Magnetic sensor using a reed switch NOT USED (But not sure what it means i dont think my sensor is a reed switch im sure its just an inductive sensor)

Red/Blue wire- Connection for speed signal input form a magnetic proximity sensor,tion off. If required connect to a live feed NOT USED just to add i have not copied the "sensor.tion off" part wrong it says that on that site so im confused with that too lol

Light green wire- Not used in this application

It dosent mention the wiring for the sensor at all and tried to look on europas site where i bought it from but drawn a blank there too

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.