Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car scrapping
BenB

posted on 18/7/11 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Car scrapping

Anyone know the going rate for a scrapper? My '96 Micra is past it's best to put it mildly and although it could scrape through the MOT at my friendly MOT place I really can't be bothered. I never use it anymore and it's shagged. The bodywork is dented, the interior looks like somethings died in it, the clutch is going, the engine's done 100k, the brakes are rusted to buggery and back. It's time for it to be transformed into some rebar to prop up a building in China or India.

What's the going rate?

Lots of scrappers round here are trying to tell me they're doing me a favour by collecting it for free There isn't a scrapy yard near here otherwise I'd take it to them to be weighed in....

hearbear

posted on 18/7/11 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
just got a price for weighed £140 and just got £150 for a primera collected the other week

HB

David Jenkins

posted on 18/7/11 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
My local metal recycler is offering £175 per ton (Sackers, in Claydon, Suffolk)

norfolkluego

posted on 18/7/11 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Anyone know the going rate for a scrapper? My '96 Micra is past it's best to put it mildly and although it could scrape through the MOT at my friendly MOT place I really can't be bothered. I never use it anymore and it's shagged. The bodywork is dented, the interior looks like somethings died in it, the clutch is going, the engine's done 100k, the brakes are rusted to buggery and back. It's time for it to be transformed into some rebar to prop up a building in China or India.

What's the going rate?

Lots of scrappers round here are trying to tell me they're doing me a favour by collecting it for free There isn't a scrapy yard near here otherwise I'd take it to them to be weighed in....

Or as a salesman would say, 'a well loved example of the marque'

r1bob

posted on 18/7/11 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
dont scrap it,, put an r1 in it , you know you want to . failing that scrap it i got 140 for my vectra v6 2 weeks ago and i kept the wheels and tyre's, but shop around. ATB
need4speed

posted on 18/7/11 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
EMR are in NW london

European Metal Recycling Ltd
106 Scrubs La, London NW10 6QY
020 8969 1116 ‎

Take mine to the one in Bedford always get a fair bit of cash, but they charge if you don't take the tyres away. Also need the log book, or make sure the engine is removed (as I found out to my cost)

Regards,

Dave

fazerruss

posted on 18/7/11 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a good car. Ive driven worse.

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

BenB

posted on 18/7/11 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by need4speed
EMR are in NW london

European Metal Recycling Ltd
106 Scrubs La, London NW10 6QY
020 8969 1116 ‎

Take mine to the one in Bedford always get a fair bit of cash, but they charge if you don't take the tyres away. Also need the log book, or make sure the engine is removed (as I found out to my cost)

Regards,

Dave

I was tempted to take it there cos I fly r/c planes on the scrubs. Only issue is it's got no MOT and no tax and I'm not sure driving the car to it's maker has an exemption

PSpirine

posted on 18/7/11 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
£150 a ton around here, with about £20 charge to collect if. So probably around £140 for the car, £120 if you need them to collect.

I may be interested in it for autotesting though - how dire is it?

BenB

posted on 18/7/11 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PSpirine
£150 a ton around here, with about £20 charge to collect if. So probably around £140 for the car, £120 if you need them to collect.

I may be interested in it for autotesting though - how dire is it?

Oh it's really quite dire. Clutch needs replacing in a big way, suspension is so soft it's unreal and the brakes are rusted. Apart from that it's in great shape

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.