Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fouling starter.
focijohn

posted on 24/7/11 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Fouling starter.

Evening all.
Got my engine and gearbox marked with nothing fouling.... took it all out to drill mounting holes, no problem. Test fitted the starter (LRS0707 equiv) on the floor, fitted nicely cleared the sump etc. Put everthing back in to finally get it into place, and the starter solinoid fouls up on a diagonal brace and you cant get the starter anywhere near where it needs to be.

Short of removing this brace I cannot see a way around this, I wont be able to move it back as the gearbox itself is in the way then and i dont think moving it forward is and option because of the engine mount, unless a DOHC starter or other alternative has the solinoid lot on the underside. The keen eyed of you will notice that theres no sandwhich plate ...its on order.
Answers on a post card.

Regds
John

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

macc man

posted on 24/7/11 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure what car it is but is it possible to mount engine at an angle or offset to the left to gain clearance.

Krismc

posted on 30/7/11 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a bit of a over site, i had this problem as someone removed my front pully when test fitting engine, great on a dry fit but needs to be permantly attached for final fit, so i ended up having to cut gearbox mount floor out and making it bolt in instead, bit of a pain when its a custom chassis i suppose, but these things happen.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.