Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: accuspark fast road disy
Arthur T wareing

posted on 27/7/11 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
accuspark fast road disy

Hi just received my accuspark fast road distributor with side entry cap to fit in crossflow, I know I should of asked you about them first but its to late now. the engine has just been rebuilt so their is no disy in the engine at the moment any advice on fitting would be very welcome and how do I know when number 1 cylinder is on tdc on ignition and not exhaust. ford 1,6 x/flow. Regards Arthur

[Edited on 27/7/11 by Arthur T wareing]

Ninehigh

posted on 27/7/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
I think first thing is what engine is it?

Edit: Ah balls, got to read properly

[Edited on 27/7/11 by Ninehigh]

mark chandler

posted on 27/7/11 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Rocker cover off, valve springs for cylinder three both evenly down means that cylinder 1 is approaching or just past TDC.

Cap off, rotor arm on, then point the rotor arm in the general position that you want 1st spark to fire at and drop the distributor into the hole, the rotor arm will move around a bit as the gears mesh, if it ends up in the wrong place then pull out, twiddle around a bit and try again.

You set the static advance by turning the distributor body.

Regards Mark

rusty nuts

posted on 28/7/11 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
even easier is to remove no 1 spark plug, place thumb (I have a whistle I screw in ) over plug hole then use a spanner (wrench ) on the crank pulley turn the engine over in the normal direction of rotation until pressure builds up in the cylinder and TDC marks line up, fit the distributor so that the rotor arm points towards no 1 plug lead connection, should be close enough to get the engine running so that a strobe light can be used. Setting the engine si that no 3 cylinder valves are rocking doesn't set the engine to TDC on the compression stroke on no 1 cylinder!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.