Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tintop insurance ,,,, Again !!!!
karlak

posted on 5/8/11 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
Tintop insurance ,,,, Again !!!!

Just had the wife's car insurance renewal come though.

Nothing changed, no cliams, no convinctions etc in the last year -

So how can it go from £379 to £573. What else in the marketplace can increase this much over a year without Public outcry.

We have commisions to make sure that banks, supermarkets and other institution dont rip us off, but what is there to protect us from these Insurance sharks. I know they will justify it with increased claims and ambulance chasers, but this % increase is just daylight Robbery

So I will now spend 2 to 3 hours getting other quotes and ringing round. I dont think I have stayed with the same insurance company on either of our cars (tintop) for the last 5 or 6 years.

And,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Breathe

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

matt_gsxr

posted on 5/8/11 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
If you input your details on the gocompare website, then it seems to remember them from one year to the next.

I completely agree that this is a waste of time.

My strategy, is go on that website, ring insurers who sent you the bigger quote and tell them it is too expensive. In my case they dropped it to about the same. Changing insurers isn't too bad, but you do have to read all the small print and sometimes send through no-claims details which is a pain, so best avoided if its easy.

Matt

[Edited on 5/8/11 by matt_gsxr]

britishtrident

posted on 5/8/11 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Try the three following sites LV, Post Office, Marks & Spencer.

My insurance with LV keeps going down with no changes .............................

r1_pete

posted on 5/8/11 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident

My insurance with LV keeps going down with no changes .............................

Mine too, and one of the few companies who will insure the L200 as a private car, road tax is £130 a year, insurance less than £250 and @ 33mpg, no wornder these lifestyle pickups are gaining popularity.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 5/8/11 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
quote:

Mine too, and one of the few companies who will insure the L200 as a private car, road tax is £130 a year, insurance less than £250 and @ 33mpg, no wornder these lifestyle pickups are gaining popularity.

You are sh**ting me, how did you get £130 road tax when my Mondeo was £155 last year?

flak monkey

posted on 5/8/11 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Depends what diesel taz band it is in. My Seat Leon FR TDI was only ever in the £125/130 bracket.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

morcus

posted on 5/8/11 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't tax on Trucks work out differently? My dad said his Ford Ranger was about £300 less to tax than the equivalent Explorer.

Changing companies can be a right pain, I was insured with Aviva for a year because I got a discount when I bought the car and they were aweful, I then got a renewal quote with exactly the same details except I was a year older and it had doubled (I didn't have any accidents but I had one years no claims both times because they basically said I'd had the insurance I was cancelling long enough for it to count but it didn't and in the end they settled to let me keep it but that I'd only have one at the end of the year, thats another long story though). I didn't take them up on there offer and got much cheaper insurance. I then had problems waiting for them to send me my proof of no claims discount and then they told my new insurance company I had a different lisence type to the one I had so I had to muck about proving I was right to my new insurance company.

Everyone always tells me to do it all over the phone but I had so much trouble with Aviva I'd never give my details over the phone again, it's just too much hassle when they take it all down wrong, then treaten me with insurance fraud, get a quote online first then phone up with the quote number.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

r1_pete

posted on 5/8/11 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
quote:

You are sh**ting me, how did you get £130 road tax when my Mondeo was £155 last year?

Taxation class is Euro4, was £125 last year, £130 this, exactly half Mrs' Lexus cost.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
need4speed

posted on 5/8/11 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Just taxed the clio 1.5dci £20 for the whole year
now I have to fine a deal on the insurance.

Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.