Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I've got a new toy too!
David Jenkins

posted on 7/8/11 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a new toy too!

My son bought me one of these for my birthday...

A Syma S107G - It looks huge, but in real life it's tiny.

So far it's bounced off the ceiling, collided with a lamp and fallen behind the log basket... and it's still in one piece!

Oh - and I have also managed to fly it sensibly too...

Such a good laugh!

jacko

posted on 7/8/11 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Happy Birthday Have a good one
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 7/8/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
The birthday was on the 2nd - and it was a good day - cruising down the River Orwell on this Thames sailing barge, in glorious weather. Which was nice...
Thames barge in Ipswich
Thames barge in Ipswich

loggyboy

posted on 7/8/11 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Me and my wifes uncle were looking at these at a local gadget shop. They looked pretty funky, much more stable than the little polystyrene silverlit one I have from a few xmas's ago. They had a large one (about 10-12 inches ish) that was only £40 and looked very cool.

happy Bday btw.

[Edited on 7/8/11 by loggyboy]

owelly

posted on 7/8/11 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Yay! I bought the very same type yesterday and have been flying round the garden, in through the kitchen window and back out the patio doors! Mucho funo for £35

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 8/8/11 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
These have got really cheap now - under £20. Look out for cheap & nasty clones though.

It's gyro controlled - apparently you can get cheap semiconductor gyros now - so if you hold the motor revs up it will just hover nicely in mid-air. The thing I like the most is that spares are very easy to get... every part can be bought (although the ebay sellers are asking between 50% and 100% more than the regular on-line R/C shops!).

I'm *seriously* thinking about building a tricopter now... ... it's only the initial outlay on a 6-channel R/C system that's putting me off (various designs use more or less channels - but there would be little point in buying a system that would restrict me later). I'd only need 1 servo anyway (yaw control - everything else is done with speed controllers & gyros).

[Edited on 8/8/11 by David Jenkins]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.