Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OMG - More Riots
scootz

posted on 9/8/11 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
I've not been watching any news coverage as my blood-pressure wouldn't be able to stand it and my head would pop like a pimple!

They should send down the lad from the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders who's been collecting Taliban fingers and tell him to go for testes this time!

It's Evolution Baby!

Triton

posted on 9/8/11 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I've not been watching any news coverage as my blood-pressure wouldn't be able to stand it and my head would pop like a pimple!

They should send down the lad from the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders who's been collecting Taliban fingers and tell him to go for testes this time!

Scots squirrel collecting nuts..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 9/8/11 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
And what about Theresa May

It's Evolution Baby!

probablyleon

posted on 9/8/11 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
I think there is a real need for a much stronger distinction between this kind of thuggery and a political / social uprising. As it stands, the government and the ever powerful media have only one word, 'riot'. Unfortunately these events will further stigmatise the very necessary, legitimate 'passionate' demonstrations, that will occasionally descend into 'rioting' when the government continually refuse to listen. In my opinion there is not enough of the latter. Society continually rolls over and accepts issues and opinions. We have been taught to not think for ourselves, and as such society, on the whole has never been easier to control. This current run of events on the other hand is nothing more than the same bunch of hooligans that has always been there but 'now with added Twitter and Facebook' to organise themselves. The riot squads may be learning something here; looting hooligans cannot be dealt with in the same way as legitimate, angry citizens with a social conscience. The looters seem to have picked up on this.
Peteff

posted on 9/8/11 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Shut down the mobile signal in the riot areas and stop them communicating.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Alfa145

posted on 9/8/11 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Panic over. The PM has recalled parliment to talk about the riots. Well done you pointless idiots. Telling the rioting plonkers they are "very naughtly boys/girls" won't stop them ripping the capital apart.

So not only do they waste time talking instead of acting they will cost the taxpayer a fortune in extra expenses to get them all to London to waffle on and build up their self importance.

Army, water cannon, rubber bullets and tear gas will stop it quicker.

mistergrumpy

posted on 9/8/11 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
I think it's pretty unbelievable that people are saying that the police aren't doing anything. Do they not realise that they are out there but their hands are tied as said Fozzie has said, coupled with the fact that numbers are so low. I'm as ready as anyone to get stuck in but would you go running head on into something like that with little, if any back up because there simply isn't any? I now have the scars to prove this is the case and seems to be more and more common! Single crewed officers going into public order scenarios. I was sat, ready to go down to London last night but instead had to stay and sort out our own area up here which flared a bit because, again, there's simply not enough staff to stay here and go to London. I've now just received notice, after arriving home at 8am that I'm on 7-7 shifts for the rest of the week. Great!
Sure, I agree bring the Army/Forces in (there's people in the RAF and Navy too) but how many more bodies do people think we have what with increasing redundancies and global commitments? And then once their hands get tied by the same legislation that is tying the police's hands (the legisaltion and rules don't cease to apply just because you wear a different style of hat) what then?
The government is now getting an insight into what they've created. I'll plat sh1t if they do anything about it once it dies down and don't just try to sweep it under the carpet.

tony-devon

posted on 9/8/11 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
maybe my brain works in too simple a mode

water cannons, even tho we cant use them here, its a nice thought, with the UV ink like in bank security boxes, nick the ones that you can on the night, then at your own leisure go around with UV lights, nick the rest of them

as they werent available for work, they cant claim benefits, so stop them, save the tax payers a fortune

although to be honest I think the best idea would be to just get the troops in, give them carte blanche to do what they want, call it therapy for the shit time they had out in Afghanistan etc

how many of the dirty thieving lowlife looting scumbags would actually continue to turn out and ruin peoples lives if they saw gangs of mates getting battered

time for this country to stop being such a pansy handwringing nation and get tough

to hell with it, ring the french or the russians, pay them to send some cops over to deal with it, at least they know how to get the job done

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it breaks, hit them with it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 9/8/11 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz

shame I didn't heed your advice but watched he lunchtime bbc news.

some spotty chavette going on about "the polis don't rispek us so we do not rispek the police". Err, right, you've left shool with no qaulification probalby have a couple of avbies back at home so contribute ZILCH to soceity but sponge off it as you want respk?

Get the bleep away!!!

beagley

posted on 9/8/11 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
As an "uninformed yank" what exactly are these riots about? Most of what our news sources over here are saying is that there is rioting in London..... thats about it. I know back in the 80s there was rioting due to racial issues, and I have read that a young person was shot. Is that correct?

I feel bad for your police force being stripped of the ability to exert force when necessary. I hope these riots get quieted down quickly for you guys.

Beags

I'm not scared!!! I'm just marking my territory.

blakep82

posted on 9/8/11 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beagley
As an "uninformed yank" what exactly are these riots about? Most of what our news sources over here are saying is that there is rioting in London..... thats about it. I know back in the 80s there was rioting due to racial issues, and I have read that a young person was shot. Is that correct?

I feel bad for your police force being stripped of the ability to exert force when necessary. I hope these riots get quieted down quickly for you guys.

Beags

some black kid with a gun got shot dead by police in tottenham, north london on thursday, his family peacefully marched to the police station for answers, and loads of unrelated people started looting from there. thats it really, coz some wannabe ganster shot at police, so they shot him

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

beagley

posted on 9/8/11 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
some black kid with a gun got shot dead by police in tottenham, north london on thursday, his family peacefully marched to the police station for answers, and loads of unrelated people started looting from there. thats it really, coz some wannabe ganster shot at police, so they shot him

Its sad to me how much prejudice still exists.

Do people not realize that police are trained when somebody points a gun at them they shoot to kill? They would have shot that kid regardless of his race. Any way you look at it, it is a sad state of affairs.

Beags

russbost

posted on 9/8/11 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Wouldn't have thought Blake had any racial motivation in his statement - so far as I can see it is correct to the facts so far as I know of them - where's the racism???

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
aka_shortie

posted on 9/8/11 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Im watching Sky and getting really frustrated and those being interviewed, will people STOP making EXCUSES for them and trying to justify it.

The simple fact is they are mindless thugs and criminals!

beagley

posted on 9/8/11 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Wouldn't have thought Blake had any racial motivation in his statement - so far as I can see it is correct to the facts so far as I know of them - where's the racism???

There wasn't any.

I hope I didn't infer that Blake was hinting at any kind of racism, I apologize if it came across that way.

Here in the states there would be people up in arms because it was a "black" kid that was shot. Activist groups would be saying that he was shot because he was black, seeming to ignore the fact he had pointed a gun at police. At least thats where my thoughts went. There are a lot of news reports that follow that train of thought and it just makes me angry and sad at the same time.

I am sorry if anyone thought that I was bringing racism against Blake, just want to get that out into the open.

Beags

MikeRJ

posted on 9/8/11 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I initially thought the same when I read that post, but I think maybe beagley is referring to the rioting scum that used the race card as an excuse for their disgusting behaviour.

Like scootz, I can't bear to watch the news reports as it gets me massively worked up

I have to wonder how Theresa May is feeling now after she mandated pay cuts and job losses in the Police service... Probably too busy getting her claim form in for her interrupted holiday.

beagley

posted on 9/8/11 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

I initially thought the same when I read that post, but I think maybe beagley is referring to the rioting scum that used the race card as an excuse for their disgusting behaviour.

MUCH more eloquent than I put it.

Thanks.

Edit: Maybe your government can make a statement "LOCOSTS FOR EVERYBODY THAT WASN'T RIOTING!!" You all seem to be a pretty happy lot, must be the Locost thing.

[Edited on 8/9/2011 by beagley]

D Beddows

posted on 9/8/11 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
It's an interesting way to 'protest' ie "I hate the police so I'm going to steal some sports/designer clothing and a 50in plasma tv to really teach them a lesson"...........
Fozzie

posted on 9/8/11 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Beags.......The guy who was shot, wasn't a kid, and he wasn't 'just shot' per se.....

He had been under surveillance for quite a while. He was allegedly a 'major player' in the drug and gun circles.

The police had been informed that he had a firearm, and that he was on his way.... allegedly....to avenge the death of his cousin
who was stabbed earlier in the year in a row over drugs and a woman .........

The guy was travelling in a taxi at the time of the incident.

A firearm (non police issue) was reported to have been found at the scene ...

What, why and how it unfolded as it did is the subject of the IPCC investigation of which we will not know the full
facts for a while.

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

beagley

posted on 9/8/11 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for clearing that up, all the reports that I have seen on it just say that a black man was shot. Really no other details.

jeffw

posted on 9/8/11 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
It appears the Police have been issued with Baton Rounds (or rubber bullets as they are commonly known). Game on.....just need to add CS Gas and they'll not want to be rioting tonight

scootz

posted on 9/8/11 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
If this was happening in Belfast, then baton rounds (rubber-bullets) would have been authorised 48 hours ago!

But we can't have that in mainland Britain... far less THE CITY!

It's Evolution Baby!

mistergrumpy

posted on 9/8/11 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
The baton rounds would have been swapped for the batteries in the lads torches
Daddylonglegs

posted on 9/8/11 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget their human rights! Yeah right!

What's next?

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

PSpirine

posted on 9/8/11 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
Don't forget their human rights! Yeah right!

What's next?

Next?

Our insurance premiums will go up

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.