Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX12 Ecu Problems
Phoenix-Rob

posted on 10/8/11 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
ZX12 Ecu Problems

I think that I may have damaged my A1 ecu when shortening the loom, before I look for another ecu it would be good to test this one, is there anyone who runs the same ecu near to me in Somerset that would be willing to test my ecu on their car or bike?

Regards

Rob

Toprivetguns

posted on 10/8/11 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Do you have a ZX12 manual ? You can always try to trouble-shoot the problem through the fault guide. Any idea what maybe wrong?

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

Phoenix-Rob

posted on 10/8/11 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
ZX12 Ecu Problems

Have tried various tests with no joy.

Main symptoms are,
fuel pump starts but does not stop after 3 secs
No spark or fuel
No Fi light even in diagnostic mode

Toprivetguns

posted on 10/8/11 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
I had a similar problem when routing and modifying my Loom. I managed to connect two different terminal blocks without noticing they were coloured differently. I mated a brown terminal to a grey terminal leading to no spark or fuel ! After days of trouble-shooting I noticed the problem, changed them back and it all worked again.

Re-trace your footsteps before you modded the loom, because the ECU worked then. Yes ?

I recommend checking all your connections are correct. All terminals are clean and pins are in good condition.

You may have soldered a wire in-correctly by accident so cross check your work against your schematics.

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

Moorron

posted on 10/8/11 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Problem is how do you know you wont damage the other Ecu? Risky for the guy lending it to you.

I also dont get how the fuel pump relay is on but you have no fuel? do you mean the injectors arnt working? Unfortunatly i would also agree that you need to recheck the whole wiring loom. But to quicken it up check some of the safety systems first, i would check the clutch switch too, i have mine on a switch and if i forget to switch iton when i start the car it fires the fuel pump but wont start the car (no starter, injectors or spark).

Good luck.

Phoenix-Rob

posted on 10/8/11 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Just to be clear I would like to try my ecu on another car so no risk of damaging another ecu on my possibly wrong wiring
All the safety switches have been removed and the pale green wire that is common to them has been earthed.

eddbaz

posted on 10/8/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
I run a zx12r a1 in my indy, I don't live near to you bit I can test it for you if you want to post me your ecu to me,i'll test and post it back on the same day I get it.
Phoenix-Rob

posted on 10/8/11 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offer, will u2u

Rob

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.