Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: comments on our new website please
afj

posted on 11/8/11 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
comments on our new website please

hello can i have your comments on our new website for the company i work for good and bad comments welcome
www.csghuntingdon.co.uk

thank youwww.csghuntingdon.co.uk

[Edited on 11/8/11 by afj]

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

pekwah1

posted on 11/8/11 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
looks ok to me, i would only say that the very bright blue cheapens the image a bit.
By that i mean it gives the impression of cheap and cheerful or budget type garage, obviously not saying that your work is cheap and cheerful, but i would imagine it would appear more to someone with an old corsa than it would to someone with a nice new merc or something, but maybe that is your target market?

aka_shortie

posted on 11/8/11 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Most pages say

Here at CSG are opening hours are:

should it not be

Here at CSG our opening hours are:

kipper

posted on 11/8/11 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
a cheeky back door advert
Denis.

Where did that go?
<<<<

sickbag

posted on 11/8/11 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, I'm rubbish at web design so take my comments as they are intended.

In my opinion everything clashes with the blue background, I think it is a little too strong - maybe knock it down 25%. Apart from that everything looks quite well put together and more importantly quick to load.

Regards,

Finally back on the job!

YQUSTA

posted on 11/8/11 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Looks ok to me.

One thing I don't like is in the services section. if you click any of the links it just takes you to another page with very little info, the info provided is fine but I would remove the link part and just have the discription under a header all on one page.

for example the tyre link I think this would be needed if you had prices but without its just a link to the same phone number on every other page.

When reading my comments please remember I am very lazy and work on the rule that a link is only required if I am going to get some info that can't fit in the page it is being linked from.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

Johneturbo

posted on 11/8/11 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
Ditto with the blue, i'd make it all the same darker shade of blue you have.
mikeb

posted on 11/8/11 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry don't really like it looks a bit cheap and the colour etc arn't goood, I'm no expert though!
redeye

posted on 11/8/11 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Another little mistake "No quotes provided are including VAT unless otherwise started"

Obviously should say stated

Spelling mistakes can often put customers off as it seen as unprofessional.

Agree with others regarding the blue, its a little strong, other than that it looks well put together and easy to navigate

[Edited on 11/8/11 by redeye]

Simon

posted on 11/8/11 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
My tuppence is:

"With over 30 years experience in the garage repair industry"

How long have you been repairing garages? Car maintenance perhaps!

Also, agree with garish comments, looks like the signs from a highstreet kebab/burger shop. Bland but informative is good, Arrgghh me eyes; is not

ATB

Simon

designer

posted on 11/8/11 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Looks bit simplistic for a business.

Blue too bold.
Buttons huge
Services link not working.
Trying to impress with the Porsche?
A careers button for a garage is a bit much
Don't see the point of a booking in form.
Phone number at top right tooo big
"Here at CSG are opening hours are:" not needed, just opening hours followed by "For appointments 1234 123456"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 11/8/11 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kipper
a cheeky back door advert
Denis.

It was cleared with the boss before posting

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 11/8/11 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Booking's should be bookings....common error, use of apostrophe in a plural.
gottabedone

posted on 11/8/11 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Meant in a constructive way of course:

on your first page you start with:

Welcome to CSG Service Center....................and I agree that the blue competes with the other colours. Maybe a dark background or use a check similar to carbon fibre.
Maybe think about making the Porsche on your logo more of a background to the CSG Service Centre.

Good luck

Steve

myke pocock

posted on 11/8/11 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
......you the best in the car modification scene, signs desings...... speelin mistiak, should be DESIGNS and should it just be 'sign designs'
se7en

posted on 11/8/11 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
1. There is nothing wrong with the blue background - it looks perfectly OK to me. On the pages you could loose the word NAVIGATION from the top of your menu - it does not add anything to the pages as most people know how to use a menu.

2. Your pages are too long - try and squeeze it together so that a page shows everything on it, except when you have a list or the likes, it can be longer. Loosing the word NAVIGATION would help shorten the page so that it fits on a screen without having to scroll.

3. The message that appears on a few pages and states 'No quotes provided are including VAT unless otherwise started' does not read correctly - I would rephrase it to 'Quotes provided do not include VAT unless otherwise stated'

4. The yellow on the Recovery page is horrendous, it is far to bright (I had to put on my sunglasses to see the page)
Also you have deviated away from the page structure you have in the Home, Services, Contact, Book Online and Careers pages - I would stick to one page structure as it adds continuity to your site.

5. Again in the Signs page you are breaking away from your initial layout and the page takes too long to load. On this page there is a line of text that appears saying something like 'the only limitations is your imagination'; this gets wiped out by the slow loading graphics.

6. On the Careers page the advert for the Auto Electrician does not read correctly and has spelling mistakes.
You ad states 'We are looking for an experienced auto electrician to carry out various tasks. Which will include electirical fualt finding, instalation of reverse sensors, I.C.E, bluetooth and handsfree devices ect..', where as it should state -
'We are looking for an experienced auto electrician to carry out various tasks including electrical fault finding, installation of reverse sensors, I.C.E, Bluetooth and hands-free devices, etc.'. < this is probably the most common mistake used in forums; it is the abbreviation for etcetera. I use Mozilla Firefox browser and on it I have a dictionary which is great as it highlights your spelling mistakes. You can find it here

I hope that you do not mind me making these observations; this criticism is constructive criticism. I wish you every success with your website - you are brave taking it on to do it yourself.

Tom

PS have a look at Chips4Pets. This site was designed by my daughter and I help her with the layouts and content within our company Torii Web Designs.

Litemoth

posted on 11/8/11 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by se7en
1. There is nothing wrong with the blue background - it looks perfectly OK to me. On the pages you could loose **lose**the word NAVIGATION from the top of your menu - it does not add anything to the pages as most people know how to use a menu.

2. Your pages are too long - try and squeeze it together so that a page shows everything on it, except when you have a list or the likes, it can be longer. Loosing **losing** the word NAVIGATION would help shorten the page so that it fits on a screen without having to scroll.

3. The message that appears on a few pages and states 'No quotes provided are including VAT unless otherwise started' does not read correctly - I would rephrase it to 'Quotes provided do not include VAT unless otherwise stated'

4. The yellow on the Recovery page is horrendous, it is far to **too**bright (I had to put on my sunglasses to see the page)
Also you have deviated away from the page structure you have in the Home, Services, Contact, Book Online and Careers pages - I would stick to one page structure as it adds continuity to your site.

5. Again in the Signs page you are breaking away from your initial layout and the page takes too long to load. On this page there is a line of text that appears saying something like 'the only limitations is your imagination'; this gets wiped out by the slow loading graphics.

6. On the Careers page the advert for the Auto Electrician does not read correctly and has spelling mistakes.
You ad states 'We are looking for an experienced auto electrician to carry out various tasks. Which will include electirical fualt finding, instalation of reverse sensors, I.C.E, bluetooth and handsfree devices ect..', where as it should state -
'We are looking for an experienced auto electrician to carry out various tasks including electrical fault finding, installation of reverse sensors, I.C.E, Bluetooth and hands-free devices, etc.'. < this is probably the most common mistake used in forums; it is the abbreviation for etcetera. I use Mozilla Firefox browser and on it I have a dictionary which is great as it highlights your spelling mistakes. You can find it here

I hope that you do not mind me making these observations; this criticism is constructive criticism. I wish you every success with your website - you are brave taking it on to do it yourself.

Tom

PS have a look at Chips4Pets. This site was designed by my daughter and I help her with the layouts and content within our company Torii Web Designs.

Couldn't resist snagging the snagger

[Edited on 11/8/11 by Litemoth]

se7en

posted on 11/8/11 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Litemoth
quote:
Originally posted by se7en
1. There is nothing wrong with the blue background - it looks perfectly OK to me. On the pages you could loose **lose**the word NAVIGATION from the top of your menu - it does not add anything to the pages as most people know how to use a menu.

2. Your pages are too long - try and squeeze it together so that a page shows everything on it, except when you have a list or the likes, it can be longer. Loosing **losing** the word NAVIGATION would help shorten the page so that it fits on a screen without having to scroll.

4. The yellow on the Recovery page is horrendous, it is far to **too**bright (I had to put on my sunglasses to see the page)

Tom

Couldn't resist snagging the snagger

[Edited on 11/8/11 by Litemoth]

I hold my hands up , my grammar is not perfect and the dictionary only corrects misspelling not grammar. Incidently, the dictionary flags 'snagger' as a misspelling

Macbeast

posted on 11/8/11 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Home page - I would hope you would use genuine parts even if not requested. When is a part not genuine ?

" with over 30 years' experience " apostrophe needed

if you say 08.30 you don't need to say " am ": 17.30, you don't need " pm "

no apostrophe on " bookings "

all pages - it's " enquiries " not enquires

Services page - no apostrophe on " aircons " - better just to say " Aircon "

Wouldn't you say Amex is a major card ?

" Did you know you can book your MOT test 28 days in advance ! " - ? not !

Poor running or fuel economy needs a ? like the others

" Miss-fueled your vehicle ? " - should be " mis-fuelled " or better " misfuelled "

" and CAT's. Give us a call for a personal quote or proffesional opinion " - no apostrophe on CATs - professional again

" get your wheels aligned her at CSG " - should be " here "

Once you go into " Recovery " Home does not take you back to home

" CSG have been modifing cars since " - should be " modifying "

Sorry but there are so many careless or illiterate mistakes that life is too short to point them all out. I do this for a living so if you want to pay me to correct the site I will

On the positive side, I like the blue pages and the punchy pics

[Edited on 11/8/11 by Macbeast]

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

afj

posted on 11/8/11 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the help and surgestions. our web design man is only 18 and its his first crack at it, he is also a terible speller as most have noted. Just to let you know i administer our car recovery part of the business and pull smashed up cars out of ditches. This forum is as technical as i get i will pass on the above comments and get him to make some changes. i agree that the sign design web page does not match well. But the car recovery website was made by somebody else and this is yet to be changed but damm is to bright < need sunglasses.

Thanks everyone and thanks chris w for letting me put the web address on

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

norfolkluego

posted on 11/8/11 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Personally, I have no problem with it at all, clear, informative and simple to use.
Job done to me.

froggy

posted on 11/8/11 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
i would lose the " genuine parts used where requested " as that says we use cheap crap otherwise to me . i have a few a4 sheets in my reception showing how block exemption works and with the exeption of a few nearly new cars i never get asked to use genuine stuff anyway ,otherwise cant see an issue.

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.