Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 BBC-Sky TV fiasco --- link worth reading.
britishtrident

posted on 18/8/11 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
F1 BBC-Sky TV fiasco --- link worth reading.

This is worth a readd,

http://thef1times.com/news/display/04202

Irony

posted on 18/8/11 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I feel pretty bad about the BBC losing the F1. I have been a F1 fan for years but I won't be watching it SKY. I generally loathe television and rarely watch any. For me this is just another nail in the BBC's coffin. Just another reason to not pay the license fee.
adithorp

posted on 18/8/11 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not happy about Sky getting the deal but... How is F1 picking the highest bidder (£15mil/33% higher) snubbing Channel4. I'd understand the argument if they'd been the highest bidder... or even close.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

vindicator

posted on 18/8/11 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
oh no!!!! I can now see more adverts on every Sky channel for the grand prixs and sky sports subscription required.....

timr.spaces.live.com---build blog

britishtrident

posted on 18/8/11 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I'm not happy about Sky getting the deal but... How is F1 picking the highest bidder (£15mil/33% higher) snubbing Channel4. I'd understand the argument if they'd been the highest bidder... or even close.

Because it really knocks a hole in Bernies claim it was the only way to keep (any) F1 on UK free to air TV, for sponsorship reasons the teams would rather have free to air than the extra 300,000 they get by going with the Sky-BBC bid.

Johneturbo

posted on 18/8/11 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
I recon the teams will loose more money than they might gain with this deal.. RTL might be a way of wacthing the races live
designer

posted on 18/8/11 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Money talks.

And F1 is rubbish anyway.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 18/8/11 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
Money talks.

It sure does, and the teams/sponsors are likely to lose out in this case. I really hope this massively backfires for the poison dwarf.

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 18/8/11 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sky are a bunch of scheming rip-off merchants. They've already done this to football, forcing fans to take expensive subscriptions or miss the games. Now they are trying to do it to F1 fans, and fans that pay will have to watch ads as well. What a rip-off. I will never subscribe, the sport will simply lose a fan. Sky must think there are an awful lot of suckers out there. I hope they're wrong.

[Edited on 18/8/11 by sucksqueezebangblow]

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

RK

posted on 18/8/11 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Uncle Bernie only cares about Uncle Bernie, and if he thinks there is more to be gained by telling his core audience - that would be you, the UK - to shove off, then he will. The teams are too disorganised to get along, and they need him to tell them what to do.
Johneturbo

posted on 18/8/11 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sucksqueezebangblow
Sky are a bunch of scheming rip-off merchants. They've already done this to football, forcing fans to take expensive subscriptions or miss the games. Now they are trying to do it to F1 fans, and fans that pay will have to watch ads as well. What a rip-off. I will never subscribe, the sport will simply lose a fan. Sky must think there are an awful lot of suckers out there. I hope they're wrong.

[Edited on 18/8/11 by sucksqueezebangblow]

hear hear

another thing i loathe about sky sports is the way they nicked the england rugby games but it was only the england games maybe they think us english are stoooopid

BATHO

posted on 18/8/11 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
Uncle Bernie only cares about Uncle Bernie, and if he thinks there is more to be gained by telling his core audience - that would be you, the UK - to shove off, then he will. The teams are too disorganised to get along, and they need him to tell them what to do.

This is so true...^^^^^^...... I am so peed about F1, been into it for years and just as the BBC 's coverage is getting good they pull out I am so unsure about subscribing to sky for one reason and another, now this has come out it makes it worse. But the only people that will lose out is us the audience.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.