Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: rear brake pads
tony-devon

posted on 22/8/11 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
rear brake pads

Hi guys, I need a set of rear brake pads for my build, but no idea what they came from, the local motor factors wont open the boxes so I can compare with my existing pads

they only work off the reg number or model etc, the wet behind the ears sales guy looked rather stramge when I said its a Q plate, tried to tell me I must have read it wrong LOL

I know the whole back end is from a sierra LOL

the diff is a 7.5" 3.92 non LSD, discs are solid, from memory I think I remember the seller saying that it came from a twin cam engine sierra??

according to the car place there is 3 different types, I have looked on ebay etc, but most are just generic photos of the item so no good for comparison

anyone offer any advice on finding the right ones???

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it breaks, hit them with it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeCapon

posted on 22/8/11 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tony,

There some nice pics on here. ACDelco

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tony-devon

posted on 22/8/11 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
thanks, I been through it, but it only lists front pads for a sierra

however I have added that to favourites as its very useful, thanks

splitrivet

posted on 22/8/11 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
This might be better http://www.fmecat.eu select make and model cc etc when its loaded click the part number and it gives you a pic.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

Arthur T wareing

posted on 22/8/11 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
sierra rear brakes

Hi I used a twin cam sierra 2.0 the rear drive shafts are the bolt on type it had rear calipers and they were the same as the granada of the same year 1990 have a look on ebay.good look Arthur
tony-devon

posted on 22/8/11 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
thanks Arthur, thats a start will have a look, yes mine are also bolt on shafts

I will get this sorted, got MOT on Friday, fitted new discs and will have to bed them in on the way

tony-devon

posted on 22/8/11 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
thanks splitrivet, that link was top notch, managed to find some pads, drawing and dimensions etc

hopingnow that if I go in with the ferodo part number, they will be able to find the equivalents and I can get them fitted

many thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.