Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Timed/latching relays
Mr C

posted on 1/9/11 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Timed/latching relays

Not sure if anyone has used these, thought I'd share this with you. I've been having problems with getting reliable latching relays to work with steering wheel mommentary buttons for the indicators in the end I found these from the states They are solid state and seem to work impeccably. they can also be set up in various ways either + or - input polarity for switching, timed 1-100 seconds or 0-1 seconds or latching and either normaly open or normally closed

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/DEI_611T.pdf

I've currently got one per indicator, set to run for twenty seconds or another press of the mommentary button whatever comes sooner. The best thing is the price I paid approximately £24 including postage for the pair from fleabay) image below of them fitted in the nose of my project (to the left of the brake fluid reservior)

james h

posted on 1/9/11 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
This is very useful, thanks! I was trying to work out how I'd use my indicators using PICs or a 555 IC for variable indicator times, this is far simpler

Looking back at your posts, I saw you were looking for some cable to go to the steering wheel. RS components seem to be the go to place for this kind of stuff:

Link

Hope that helps

James

Edited to add: they also do 15 core cable

[Edited on 1/9/11 by james h]

Macbeast

posted on 2/9/11 at 06:14 AM Reply With Quote
Just curious - can you cancel indicators before 20 secs is up ? Just thinking if you made a mistake and indicated wrong way.

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 2/9/11 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr C
...set to run for twenty seconds or another press of the mommentary button whatever comes sooner. ...

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr C

posted on 2/9/11 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by james h

Looking back at your posts, I saw you were looking for some cable to go to the steering wheel. RS components seem to be the go to place for this kind of stuff:

Thanks James, I'm not sure that the 15 core lead will be up to the job the 4 core looks promising though. I have four switches all to switch to earth so I was going to use a 5 core cable. though I could use the four core and connect the earth to the steering wheel which would hopefully earth through the column. At the moment I've a cable which would double up as a tow rope!!

BTW the indy looks good in the image, red suits it well

james h

posted on 2/9/11 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
I think the earthing through the steering wheel should work, i guess it depends on your setup.

Thanks for the comment on the Indy! Although that was pre crash facelift, and its not looking so sharp now

James

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.