Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Disposing of your donor
Skirrow

posted on 2/8/04 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Disposing of your donor

Did someone on here mention that they are changing the guildlines on scrapping vehicles?

Does anyone have any info? Will it stop me cutting up old shells and taking them to the scrap metal bay at the tip?

Cheers,
Dave

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 2/8/04 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know about new regs, but you could always take you cut-up cars to a scrap metal dealer.
They should be quite happy if the metal is separated from the rest - they may even pay you some money! I took an old engine block to my local place (Seckers in Claydon, for the local folk) and they gave me some cash (hardly anything, but it's better than paying).
You could always ring your local place, and ask...

David

derf

posted on 2/8/04 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
just sawzall the entire car into small pieces and dispose of it in a construction site, easy as pie.
pbura

posted on 2/8/04 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by derf
just sawzall the entire car into small pieces and dispose of it in a construction site, easy as pie.

Derf,

Does the name 'Hoffa' mean anything to you?

Pete

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 2/8/04 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by derf
just sawzall the body into small pieces and dispose of it in a construction site, easy as pie.

Take it the very same system works with the mob. LOL

Mark Allanson

posted on 2/8/04 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
A tree felling axe will reduce a sierra body to trailor sized bits in about an hour

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Aston

posted on 3/8/04 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
I actually just called a guy who charged me $30 to drag it out of my garage. I was pretty miffed at having to pay, but it got the car out of the garage.

-Aston

85' Dodge Omni GLH
Project Locost

Skirrow

posted on 3/8/04 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
The cars I have scrapped in the past have been cut up into small bits and carted to the tip.

I'm sure I read somewhere (perhaps not this site) something about not being able to do this in the nexrt few months as you will have to have a licence or something to scrap the car on the DVLA forms. I think whoever was going on about it said it will cost you a couple of hundred quid to scrap an old car.

Theres gonna be an awful lot of abandoned cars if they do bring it on. Not to mention loads of SORN cars that dont exist.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.