Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fatal crash at nurburgring today
DRC INDY 7

posted on 4/9/11 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
fatal crash at nurburgring today

Fatal accident at Nurburgring
Shocking news from Nordschleife, police is reporting a fatal accident this Sunday morning. Apparently a UK registered car (Clio?) crashed at Wippermann and one passenger has been thrown out of the car and died. Only last Sunday a motorcycle driver had a fatal crash at Tourist drives. Two deaths a year a way too much, let alone 2 a week.

German to English translation
"Traffic accident fatally injured person
Time: Sunday, 04 September 2011, 10.18 Clock
... Location: Nürburgring, Nordschleife, range Wippermann
A car with British approval, staffed by three persons sailed in ... of tourist trips around the Nordschleife of the Nürburgring.
In section Wippermann the car fell on wet pavement in conjunction with a nerve unmatched speed in spin and overturned several times.
Here, a 35-year-old male passenger from the UK out of the vehicle was ejected and fatally injured.
While an inmate was wearing only light injuries after the driver Erstversor-tion site was flown by rescue helicopter to a hospital.
Been in use for seven rescue workers of the GRC and the rescue helicopter, 6 and 4 forces the firefighters and police officers that the Nurburgring track safety Automotive GmbH "

[Edited on 9/4/2011 by DRC INDY 7]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

ashg

posted on 4/9/11 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
very sad news. unfortunately the sad side of Motorsport is that there is a high risk of things like this happening regardless of the precautions taken.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

JoelP

posted on 4/9/11 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
would have thought people would die there on a regular basis, sadly. So many drivers, so many fast cars...

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

iank

posted on 4/9/11 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
would have thought people would die there on a regular basis, sadly. So many drivers, so many fast cars...

Currently runs about 12 a year on average iirc. Most motorcyclists.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

TimEllershaw

posted on 4/9/11 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Very sad.

Sort of related, there is a story of someone injured at the Nurburgring suing Caterham because of a problem with an oil hose :

Link...

http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 4/9/11 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
I'm genuinely surprised there aren't more deaths. It is considered to be one of the most demanding circuits in the world but after paying the 24 euro fee for a single lap of the 3 mile circuit, there must be a strong temptation to drive it as fast as possible without even knowing the layout and associated hazards. There is very little run-off and lots of Armco barrier.

Phil

DRC INDY 7

posted on 4/9/11 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
I'm genuinely surprised there aren't more deaths. It is considered to be one of the most demanding circuits in the world but after paying the 24 euro fee for a single lap of the 3 mile circuit, there must be a strong temptation to drive it as fast as possible without even knowing the layout and associated hazards. There is very little run-off and lots of Armco barrier.

Phil

It's 13 mile phil

Puddle Dodgers Club

DRC INDY 7

posted on 4/9/11 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimEllershaw
Very sad.

Sort of related, there is a story of someone injured at the Nurburgring suing Caterham because of a problem with an oil hose :

Link...

Dont see how the person can have a claim for a accident when of the ring given that it is a public race track

Puddle Dodgers Club

austin man

posted on 4/9/11 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Having witnessed first hand

1 a track that you dont Know
2 people who only want to break the 9 minute mark let alone 10 minutes
3 high powered cars and low powered
4 driver capability

there is always a recipe for disaster oh and yes its 13 miles but it feels like 3

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

JoelP

posted on 4/9/11 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DRC INDY 7
quote:
Very sad.

Link...

Dont see how the person can have a claim for a accident when of the ring given that it is a public race track

i believe it counts as a one way public toll road.

Hellfire

posted on 4/9/11 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

Phil

It's 13 mile phil

Oooops. Missed the 1 before the 3........ 9 minutes to do 3 miles wouldn't be too difficult

Phil

coozer

posted on 4/9/11 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Happens all the time I'm afraid...

Just on Friday...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

jollygreengiant

posted on 4/9/11 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
quote:
quote:
Very sad.

Link...

i believe it counts as a one way public toll road.

In this day and age, it doesn't matter whether its a Public road or Private track, IF you have an accident in your car and you think or can prove it was a design fault of the vehicle, then, you could have a case in law that could go to court, especially if you have enough money and a good enough lawyer, against the manufacturer or supplier of the car.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

DRC INDY 7

posted on 5/9/11 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

Just on Friday...

That does not look good

designer

posted on 5/9/11 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

It is also claimed the company has admitted liability in an open letter dated August 7, 2009.

If they had done that they would have paid out straight away.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Grimsdale

posted on 6/9/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

Just on Friday...

[IMG]

Just to clarify, are you saying this is at the ring, fatal, both or neither?

DRC INDY 7

posted on 6/9/11 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
the picture of what looks like a green tiger appears to be in the uk with the police car in the back ground
lewis

posted on 6/9/11 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
What happened to the rollbar on that green tiger? Hope they were ok
loggyboy

posted on 6/9/11 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
I may be jumpin to a conclusion, but 'passenger thrown out', surely it is likely he wasnt wearing a seatbelt then, especailly if the driver was only lighltly injured.
JoelP

posted on 6/9/11 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
the picture of what looks like a green tiger appears to be in the uk with the police car in the back ground

Bloody good spot I looked again and didnt see it immediately. The colour scheme is north yorkshire police though.

norfolkluego

posted on 6/9/11 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lewis
What happened to the rollbar on that green tiger? Hope they were ok

Actually looking at the picture, I assume no-one is still in the car as you wouldn't be taking pictures and the car's not been righted to get anyone out I assume the occupants made it out themselves, hopefully anyway.

[Edited on 7/9/11 by norfolkluego]

Karnter101

posted on 7/9/11 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
I was on the track over all three days and was informed this was the only person to die on the track but another 3 people died in hospital 1 bike on friday, car and bike on the saturday plus this one on the sunday. It was so busy due to the GP race on the sunday with to many bikes. The way the track do it is they only record people if they die on the track not in the air or in hospital as this is recorded as injury only on average 50 people a year get killed due to racing at the ring and some like my mate lose legs or other parts.

I still go every year and this year I took my two sons who are 7&8 and will keep going till they close it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.