Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: park at my house (near heathrow)
femster87

posted on 6/9/11 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
park at my house (near heathrow)

Has anybody used one and have a recommendation for me? Any issues and things to watchout for appreciated as well. Thanks in advance
norfolkluego

posted on 6/9/11 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
Going somewhere nice?
inkafone

posted on 6/9/11 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
Used it for Gatwick earlier this year & had no problems,if using a taxi to the airport get the price first. Just check the feedback for the Heathrow ones and look at google earth for the location & driveway size.
norfolkluego

posted on 7/9/11 at 12:28 AM Reply With Quote
How much is it as a matter of interest, we're flying out of Heathrow next week, and the long stay car park is more or less £97 for three weeks
mark chandler

posted on 7/9/11 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
Taxi's at Heathrow are very expensive, £25 for a 4 mile trip to Uxbridge 6 months ago, a prebooked minicab was still £20. with this in mind £97 for long term parking looks quite good to me unless transfer is included.
stevegough

posted on 7/9/11 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah, and you also have to count the cost of bailing out the interior of your kit when you get back......

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

cliftyhanger

posted on 7/9/11 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
We recently used purple parking, got a deal through quidco and cost about £70 for 3 weeks at heathrow. No problems, huge operation but looks a little"back street" when you first approach it. Would happily recommend.
Minibus is 10 minute ride to the airport. Pickup when you phone. Car ready and waiting for you when you get back to he car park.

femster87

posted on 7/9/11 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
going to the states for 2weeks. Park at my house came up with cheap options. Was about 30. Just wanted to see if anybody has used this service
ChrisW

posted on 7/9/11 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
I've got access to some under cover parking spaces about 10 miles from Heathrow if that's any good? They're under a block of (mainly) retirement flats so the parking spaces rarely get used as most of the old girls that live there either don't have cars or can't manouver their cars into the tight spots.

I know the caretaker there quite well and he's always happy for a little contribution to the Christmas fund. He'll also check on the car every day for you, but I've parked cars there for months on end and never had a problem.

If it's any good, drop me a line.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.