Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scally Rally 2011 Road to Rimini
AndyRead

posted on 14/9/11 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Scally Rally 2011 Road to Rimini

A group of friends & I completed The Scally Rally Europe 2 years ago. For those of you who don't know or don't remember, this involves driving from Calais to Rimini in Italy through the Alps and the Doloimites. The catch is that this demanding route must be completed in a vehicle costing less than £100! If anyone wants to know more all the details be found on www.scallyrally.co.uk. A few months ago after a year or so to recover and for the memories to become rose tinted, we decided we'd tackle the rally again.

So on Thursday 15th September, 3 friends & I will be setting off on the road to Calais. We spent months looking for a vehicle but couldn't find anything suitable. As the rally date approached we turned our attention back to the 1991 Mitsibishi Shogun which had been to Rimini & back in 2009 and had spent the last 2 years gathering dust. Could we solve the cooling problems that had made the last trip challenging & very hot? Could we transform the truck into something different from what it was last time? Well a few months, a new radiator a few tweaks and many tins of paint later we're almost ready for the start line in Calais at 9.00am on Friday.

Will the truck make it to Rimini (& back) for a second time? Only time will tell. Have we managed to change the identity of the truck? See the photos below and guess the theme. It certainly gets other driver's attention!

Once again we're hoping to raise money for charity and this year we've chosen East Anglian Children's Hospices. If you can support us, please visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/thetragicrunabout.

Many thanks

Andy

Description
Description

Description
Description

The Magic Roundabout OR in our case, The Tragic Runabout!

Andy

The Baron

posted on 14/9/11 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck, I have just got back from the 'Motoscape2011' rally. i did it in a 1984 capri
MikeCapon

posted on 14/9/11 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck andy. My bestest pal, Pablo has done that one a couple of times. I think he even came second last year. Air Farce One mean anything to you?

Have fun.

Mike

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AndyRead

posted on 14/9/11 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapon
Good luck andy. My bestest pal, Pablo has done that one a couple of times. I think he even came second last year. Air Farce One mean anything to you?

Have fun.

Mike

Thanks!

I am sure Air Farce One were one of the teams in 2009, thet deff ring's a bell.

We where Shogun's Run that year.

Andy

MikeCapon

posted on 14/9/11 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyRead
quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapon

Have fun.

Mike

Thanks!

I am sure Air Farce One were one of the teams in 2009, thet deff ring's a bell.

We where Shogun's Run that year.

This is Pablo

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 14/9/11 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
You can still get cars for less than £100?

I mean does a bargain of ebay count?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.