Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Garmin Forerunner
cliftyhanger

posted on 15/9/11 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Garmin Forerunner

Before I fork out some real money on a GPS watch thought I would ask on here.
Thinking of the older forerunner 205 or the less featuresome but newer (and apparently better GPS response) 110

Anybody got any experience?? I dont need too many features, the lack of speed/current pace on the 110 worries me a little, but maybe it isn't a problem?

TIA
Clive

mantisgb

posted on 15/9/11 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
I have used the Edge 305 cycle computer for years and it has served me well. I think that I would miss the pace feature if that was indeed missing from the new 110. Unless you are running through lots of tree lined roads or tunnels, I'm not sure you will find an issue with response from the GPS - though that assumes the 305 and 205 have the same GPS chipset...
cliftyhanger

posted on 15/9/11 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
The new 110 thing does average pace over your last "lap" it seems, so that can be set to a shortish distance (maybe 1/4 mile but not sure). Have read reviews, but nobody seems to mention it.
The 205 does look a bit like a pocket calculatot strapped to your wrist, which is the big downside. Maybe I am being a tart

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.