Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone take me for a short run in a car on bike carbs or bike TBS
monck

posted on 19/9/11 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone take me for a short run in a car on bike carbs or bike TBS

Im changing my engine i was planning on goin bike carbs or bike tbs an sell my webbers

I know some will say stick with webbers so ....

if anyone has preferably a 2lt zetec on bike carbs or bike tbs that wouldn't mind taking me for a quick drive just so i can see if the drive seems any different ?

im in Cheshire so nearer the better ... Ryan

whitestu

posted on 19/9/11 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
I'm a bit too far to take you for a run, but I wouldn't previously have believed bike carbs would work as well as they do on a car engine.

I'm not sure they are better then webbers but miles cheaper and easier to set up.

Stu

wilkingj

posted on 19/9/11 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Remember that Throttle bodies will need a fuel injection control system, ie megasquirt, or Omega, etc etc.
It will affect your overall costs.

I am not sure that going from webbers to bike carbs will give much of a gain. ie you already have 4 x individual butterflies, and probably superior fuel air mixing with the webbers.

Going Injection and TB's will make some difference.

Just my 2d's worth

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 19/9/11 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
what webers are you running on your zetec at the moment? (im assuming your running a zetec as thats what you want a ride in)

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gdp66

posted on 19/9/11 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
I would go down to Chester Sports Cars.
I've got a zetec on zx6r bike carbs which were set-up by chester with a megajolt map.

Chester Sportscars
Unit 30, Garden City Industrial Estate,
Sealand Avenue,
Queensferry,
Deeside CH5 2HW

bbwales

posted on 19/9/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

U2U sent

austin man

posted on 19/9/11 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monck
Im changing my engine i was planning on goin bike carbs or bike tbs an sell my webbers

I know some will say stick with webbers so ....

if anyone has preferably a 2lt zetec on bike carbs or bike tbs that wouldn't mind taking me for a quick drive just so i can see if the drive seems any different ?

im in Cheshire so nearer the better ... Ryan

May be going to oulton park in the next couple of weeks Im running zx9's on a 1.8, previously ran Webbers both have a positive side the Bike Carbs are more economical and perform well and seem to stay set up. I did find the webbers felt like they had more bottom end grunt and the induction sound was fantastic

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

monck

posted on 19/9/11 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys , think i best clear up something

i never planed to go bike carbs for more power , i just heard the drive is better , smoother and more responsive than on webbers ... i just didnt want to sacrifice a great deal of power to gain these....

i currently have 40 webbers of my 1.8 these would need jetting anyhow if i didnt swap for bike carbs and fitted them to my new 2.0 blacktop ...

Are 40 webbers even big enough to get the best out of a 2ltr blacktop ?

Bike throttle boddies - Are they worth the extra money ?

Sorry for all the questions lads .......

Cheers

monck

posted on 7/10/11 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
i think im going to go replace my webbers with bike throttle bodies rather than bike carbs

is there anyone not to far that would take me out in a zetec with some sort of bike tbs fitted ?

Cheers

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.