Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ST1100 bec
davebic

posted on 20/9/11 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
ST1100 bec

Hi ....Ive spent the last months getting my pan euro engined phoenix to run properly.
Its now done 3 sprints and is running great- fast but not frightningly so....however I've decided that for competition it needs to get a bit more edgy....so I am going to pull the engine out over the next month or so.
the reason for the post is I recall that there was an enquiry a few months back about such an install.
If anyone is interested the engine complete and running - itg air filter and exhaust manifolds etc will be sitting in the garage waiting for a new home- might make life easier for someone thinking of such a choice?
contact me if I can help...thanks
Dave

BenB

posted on 20/9/11 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Nice choice in motor Personally I kept the Pan carbs and used a cut-down airbox. Trouble is the springs are way too weak and it goes all rich when you floor it.....
What are you planning on putting in it instead? I quite fancy a ZR14....

davebic

posted on 21/9/11 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
St 1100

Hi Ben, thanks foryour help when I was struggling last year... It really does run nicely now.....however for sprinting I am running against cars with 70 - 80 bhp more and losing out over the finish line. If it was on the road it would be fine..it really does behave like a car engine just much lighter...
So it looks like a late model Honda CBR1000 is on the cards....joining the ranks of the screamers!!
cheers dave

matt_gsxr

posted on 23/9/11 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
why not the twin turbo route.
These engines are fairly detuned, so surely a bit of boost is what is needed!

coyoteboy

posted on 2/10/11 at 01:46 AM Reply With Quote
Thatsa route I'd been considering- it's a low comp motor, begging for forced induction but gearbox/clutch....?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.