Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I don't know whether to...
focijohn

posted on 25/9/11 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know whether to...

laugh or cry, I'm not the most literate or grammatically correct chap on the face of the planet, but damn its an awkward read. Just starting to familiarise myself with the IVA regs specificity on lighting and the rears as I'm going to buy them and slap em on hopefully before the winter and bad weather gets here. I was thinking with reference to the side repeater issue, why cannot you have it on the scuttle.... yes I know it doesn't meet their regs, but if the examiner lays on the floor at the rear of the car he can see the rear ind, if he moves to either side (depending which direction indicator has been selected) he will still see the rear ind and then the side repeater also. Moving around to the side he will see the side repeater and so on blagh blagh. All im getting at is that no matter where he stands in relation to the car he would be able to see which indicators have been selected???
Forgive me if I've missed something simple but it will take a few reads for it to sink in.

Anyway I'm off to read more.

John

Lightning

posted on 25/9/11 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
i have no idea what you have just posted as your avatar is too distracting

Steve

DixieTheKid

posted on 25/9/11 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning

LOL

COS IT'S Worth IT

adithorp

posted on 25/9/11 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
The point you've missed is, the tester just tests to the perameters set out in the manual, not to what he thinks it should be.

If you say there has to be a light then you have to define where it has to be placed and where it has to be seen from. They have to draw the line somewhere. So supposing you're stopped in traffic just on the crest of a hill and the car behind you is both very close and slightly further out in the lane obscuring your rear lights. You decide to pull into the outside lane and indicate... How does the Ambulance approaching from behind see your side repeater from his viewpoint? ...and no you didn't see the Ambulance in your mirrors because those regs were dropped as well for being silly.

At the end of the day they're thge hoops you have to jump through.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

focijohn

posted on 25/9/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
I wasn't sugesting that the regs were silly, I was just curious as to why they had to be visible from such an acute angle.
Like you said just got to jump through the hoops

[Edited on 25/9/11 by focijohn]

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

matt_gsxr

posted on 25/9/11 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by focijohn
I wasn't sugesting that the regs were silly, I was just curious as to why they had to be visible from such an acute angle.
Like you said just got to jump through the hoops

[Edited on 25/9/11 by focijohn]

FWIW: Some of the regs are silly, but Adi is right, its the letter of the law that counts with IVA.

mcerd1

posted on 26/9/11 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
the SVA used to have an exemption for 'se7ens' but they dropped it for the IVA

a few folk seem to have managed to get through the IVA with them mounted on the side of the cycle wings like this: Ash's Dax link

-

brookie

posted on 26/9/11 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning

we need the bigger photo i think

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.