Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Good day yesterday
mrwibble

posted on 26/9/11 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Good day yesterday

Got home a 2.0 z/e black top with a reported 86k yesturday

got it in and out of my mk1 focus no worries, with a bit of help from my friends.

set to work on taking off the bits i don't need for later resale, and tidying up all the bits of hose hanging off.

pondering using the standard throttle body for the time being with my omex ecu, perhaps as a locost alternative/stop gap to bike tbs. spoke to steve at fury sc, who said i'd need a low lying plenum possibly from ginetta if i decided this was the way to go, any other suggestions welcome here.

also the ford tbs i've seen have a sticker on saying they've a special coating on and shouldn't be cleaned, but mine looks like its wants a polish, any words of wisdom here.

and some pics for good measure

[Edited on 26/9/11 by mrwibble]

scootz

posted on 26/9/11 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
You appear to be wearing gloves (I thought you were Mr Wibble !!!???).

It's Evolution Baby!

Myke 2463

posted on 26/9/11 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
If you have omex you might want to consider a gbs inlet manifold.

http://greatbritishsportscars.blogspot.com/2011/08/zero-goes-for-testing-down-at-emerald.html

Be Lucky Mike.

mrwibble

posted on 26/9/11 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
those pictures don't actually show quite how pink my gloves are, although small hands do come in handy occasionally...

on another question, some threaded things, attached to it seem to have a reversed torx star heads on. as in, i'd need a female torx driver to fit them, any clues what these are and are their tools readily available.

vinny1275

posted on 26/9/11 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
I got a set of external torx ratchet spanners from Halfrauds (BMW love the things, they use them everywhere, and the heads tend to rust smooth....

Tiger Super Six

posted on 26/9/11 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrwibble
those pictures don't actually show quite how pink my gloves are, although small hands do come in handy occasionally...

on another question, some threaded things, attached to it seem to have a reversed torx star heads on. as in, i'd need a female torx driver to fit them, any clues what these are and are their tools readily available.

are you talking about the stud in the front engine cover? I wouldn't buy a tool for it I would wind on two nuts and then lock the bottom one against the top one and then use the bottom one (when locked off) to wind the stud out. Once out you can take the nuts off - that's what I did on mine.

PS - they are there as the take the top engine mount in the original car.

[Edited on 26/9/11 by Tiger Super Six]

Mark

Tiger Avon

hughpinder

posted on 26/9/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Big_wasa on here has had the zetec runnig off the standard ECU.

Regards
Hugh

mrwibble

posted on 26/9/11 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Super Six
quote:

are you talking about the stud in the front engine cover? I wouldn't buy a tool for it I would wind on two nuts and then lock the bottom one against the top one and then use the bottom one (when locked off) to wind the stud out. Once out you can take the nuts off - that's what I did on mine.

PS - they are there as the take the top engine mount in the original car.

[Edited on 26/9/11 by Tiger Super Six]

there are a few of those studs about, the one you've noticed actually has a thread each side of flat ridge, will that still work? blonde moment, of course it will.

mrwibble

posted on 26/9/11 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hughpinder

Regards
Hugh

yeah i could do that, but i've already got an omex600, as i was planning on using bike tbs, i suppose i could sell the omex, and buy a ford ecu. the change would buy a fair bit...

Tiger Super Six

posted on 26/9/11 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Regards
Hugh

yeah i could do that, but i've already got an omex600, as i was planning on using bike tbs, i suppose i could sell the omex, and buy a ford ecu. the change would buy a fair bit...

But you will be able to do much more with the OMEX programming wise, you'll end up buying another one later on, I would keep it as you have it.

Mark

Tiger Avon

Hammy360

posted on 26/9/11 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Regards
Hugh

let me know if you want to sell the Omex 600

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.