Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec coolant plumbing - ally tube with two tees needed.
adrianreeve

posted on 28/9/11 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec coolant plumbing - ally tube with two tees needed.

Hi there, I'm just plumbing my zetec in. For the bottom hose connections, I need a 32mm tube, with 2 15mm tees coming off it, one for top thermostat connection, one for expansion bottle. Does anyone have one, know where I can get one, or is able to make me one? As the Zetec is such a popular installation, I'm sure it must be a commonly used / made part!

Cheers

Adrian

gdp66

posted on 28/9/11 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
from tiger

http://www.tigerracing.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&products_id=88

russbost

posted on 28/9/11 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Take a look here at my recent post - I am definitely getting the bending & beading equipment & have solved the issue of being able to weld in suitable tees etc. Unfortunately it will take a week or 2 to get set up then I'm on hols for a couple of weeks, but if you can hang on till start of Nov I should be able to help. If thats a straight pipe with tees, I doubt it would come to more than £20.

Please let me know if of interest.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
skidmark

posted on 28/9/11 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
The plastic water rail off the side of a C20XE engine has 2 x 15mm ish tees and approx 32mm at each end if you cut it down and do a bit of fettling. That's what I used and seems to be working well.

russbost

posted on 28/9/11 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Danger with cutting it down is you then have no beads to keep the hose on with - that could get very expensive!!!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
skidmark

posted on 28/9/11 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, a beaded joiner iss obviously better and ife can be done for £20 then that sounds like the best way forwards. I haven't had any problems for over 2000 miles and a trackday though.

scutter

posted on 28/9/11 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Adrian, why not use the ford part?

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adrianreeve

posted on 28/9/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Dan

What ford part?

Russ, sounds good, may well take you up on that!

Cheers

Adrian

big_wasa

posted on 29/9/11 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
The ford part is the spider hose and no use due to size and it being to complex.
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 29/9/11 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
CBS do cheap T pieces.

I used the plastic as opposed to ally, but 400 miles in, no leaks and all is well.

Linky

lewis

posted on 3/11/11 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
im also on the lookout for the same item,russbost i have sent you a u2u your solution would be the cleanest design

I am a driving god!..........sort of

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.