Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommend me a Rectifier
IainL

posted on 7/10/11 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Recommend me a Rectifier

As per the title please could someone recommend me a replacement rectifier for my 919 Fireblade engine.

Thanks,
Iain

doddy

posted on 7/10/11 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
i can do you a good secound hand one for 25pound

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/4x4wheels

LBMEFM

posted on 7/10/11 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Avoid the Fireblade one go for one from a Goldwing or simular and mount it where it can be cooled.
mad-butcher

posted on 7/10/11 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
CB250/400N Superdream, genuine one not a pattern, prices have gone up with a bang, but i still reckon £50 is a fair price

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Confused but excited.

posted on 7/10/11 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
If you think £50 is a fair price for a rectifier, do you want to buy a bridge?

Oh, come on, think about it.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Peteff

posted on 7/10/11 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
New style CBR rectifier with mosfet technology is the one to look for, they run cooler and last longer apparently.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

mad-butcher

posted on 8/10/11 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
In answer to confused but excited's question. Maybe just bad luck on my part, bearing in mind these were all mounted in cold air flow, blade one lasted about 2 months, 2 pattern ones at £70 a pop lasted about a month each, cb250n one (when I bought it £25 but as said those days are long gone) still going strong after 2 1/2 years. would I pay £50 for one, yes I would

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 8/10/11 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
New style CBR rectifier with mosfet technology is the one to look for, they run cooler and last longer apparently.

Yes, the new MOSFET regulators run much cooler (though the stator will be running a little bit hotter). £50 will buy you a s/h MOSFET regulator and failure of these is extremely uncommon compared to the old SCR based ones.

02GF74

posted on 9/10/11 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
you mean rectifier/regulator or just rectifier? I would imagine the former as modern car and bike electronics have them as one unit.

if just rectifier, buy 6 high power diodes from maplins (6 coz it is 3 phase) and mount on a lump of alumonium alloy- 's what I did on my Z1000 A1 ... could have posted it to ya but I dismantled it a little while ago (the recitfier, not the bike - bike has gpz 500 or similar model rectifier/regulator fitted instead of two separate units).

IainL

posted on 9/10/11 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies
Cheers,
Iainl

matt_gsxr

posted on 9/10/11 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Those fh012 or fh014 regulator/rectifiers are the mosfet ones and are great, these are on a few modern bikes. In my case it doesn't get even warm.

You might have to change the plugs.

Here is a useful link.
http://www.triumphrat.net/speed-triple-forum/104504-charging-system-diagnostics-rectifier-regulator-upgrade.html

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.