Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How good is the NMR build manual?
cjwood23

posted on 19/10/11 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
How good is the NMR build manual?

Hi guys,
Another question - how good is the manual that MNR supply?
I've looked at a couple of other suppliers manuals and they seem a bit vague in places.
Are there any other books I should get before I start my build other than those relating to the donor vehicle?

Cheers

Chris

jossey

posted on 19/10/11 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
i heard someone had put it on here as a PDF.....

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
amalyos

posted on 19/10/11 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
It's better than most, I built my first one 6 years ago from the original manual, and it was ok then.
I didn't look at the latest version when I built my race car, but I've heard it's one of the better ones.

http://stevembuild.blogspot.com

cjwood23

posted on 19/10/11 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey

Any one got a link??

Chris

theduck

posted on 19/10/11 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Had a look through it at autosport in January and it was the best I had seen and I've looked at quite a few!
sprouts-car

posted on 19/10/11 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cjwood23
quote:
Originally posted by jossey

Any one got a link??

I'll second that, would be interesting to have a nosy through.

Build blog

Eatpies99

posted on 19/10/11 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
As a complete novice im finding it a bit vague in places. If you had experience in this kinda thing its prob pretty good. Its by no means bad. Not seen any other companies manuals so cant compare.
MNR are very helpful over the phone though! If your ever stuck give them a buzz. Thats all i did earlier today

Where's this washer come from????

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Lee MacPherson

posted on 19/10/11 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
MNR manual is clear & concise, thay are also excellent over the phone, if you are lucky enough to live local they offer brilliant coffee on a saturday and provided excellent support during my build.
RK

posted on 28/10/11 at 01:53 AM Reply With Quote
If I am not mistaken the only place you can get an MNR manual is from them. No first hand experience with it!!
scootz

posted on 28/10/11 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
You must be a laydee!

NO man uses a manual. It's not in our nature! Just bash away at it and solve any 'problems' by swearing and using the angle grinder!

It's Evolution Baby!

tegwin

posted on 28/10/11 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
The problem I found when trying to help a mate build his.... They obviously change the design of the cars as they build them...just little changes here and there... meaning the manual he had did not actually apply in a few cases to his car... most annoying!

Ok if your happy to think for yourself, but it does mean you end up with a pile of random bits leftover that you have no idea what they are for!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Eatpies99

posted on 28/10/11 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
The problem I found when trying to help a mate build his.... They obviously change the design of the cars as they build them...just little changes here and there... meaning the manual he had did not actually apply in a few cases to his car... most annoying!

Ok if your happy to think for yourself, but it does mean you end up with a pile of random bits leftover that you have no idea what they are for!

IM finding the same mate. But getting throught it.....

Where's this washer come from????

focijohn

posted on 3/11/11 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
As tegwin says. However I emailed Chris a while ago and he sent me a new one and the later version is much much better, i.e. my chassis is more like the ones in the picture which isn't essential but helps for clarity plus the writen descriptions are much better.
My problem is that I became very lazy, I was under the very wrong assumption that I'd be able to knock it out in 2 weekends, and when the answers weren't in front of me I'd give up. What I am finding is that between the manual, the search func on here, common sense and the internet will have ALL your answers. I just wish I could start again but hey thats experiance live and learn and try to enjoy the (at times) incredibly frustrating journey.

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

cjwood23

posted on 4/11/11 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the info.
I'm under no illusions that it'll be easy and I can crack it out in a few weekends.
This will probably end up being quite a slow build due to family commitments etc.

Trying to prepare as much as I can before hand - i.e. reading other people build blogs, magazines and forums etc.

Chris

focijohn

posted on 5/11/11 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
I find coozers (steve) build blog very helpful, his chassis is miles apart from mine but has done a very good build blog and most of the photos he has taken have answer the probs ive run into, especially as he installed a silvertop zetec.

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.