Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Donnington Track Day 19th Nov
mcg

posted on 7/11/11 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Donnington Track Day 19th Nov

Hi,

I am looking at booking onto the 'bookatrack' track day at Donnington on Sat 19th Nov. I have done plenty of track days in the past, but this will be the first with my recently built kit car.

There will be the inevitable teething and set up problems for my car throughout the day, so I wondered if anyone had any experience of these events and whether they are friendly and suitable for this kind of outing?

I saw on their booking form that they prefer you to either have an MOT'd or MSA scruitineered car....which I have neither.

Also on the booking you can see the cars and BHP of all the participents. With mine being fairly modest in comparison (120 compared to many 160 + bhp's), I want to make sure that it will be ok.

The primary purpose of the day is setting up the car.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Matt

eddie99

posted on 7/11/11 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
Is the track day a open pit lane day or sessioned?

If open pit lane, i'd say its a pretty good way to have a shakedown, Obviously donnington wont be happy if wheels are flying off but providing you can get round to the pits to tighten something up and go back out again, tinkering is normal

Car will still be quick and not the slowest so dont worry with 120bhp.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
procomp

posted on 7/11/11 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

I am at Donington on Sun Nov 27th on a trackday run by Donington themselves for £99. We will have 4-5 cars running ranging from 90 - 200 Bhp. If you fancied doing that day instead you would be welcome to join us and i will help you through the day with any teething problems / setup Etc, that's FOC as i am already there playing with setups on the other cars and having a general bit off fun anyhow.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob tatt

posted on 7/11/11 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
You'll be fine bookatrack days are very well run and seem to attract a better standard of driver with no chavs so don't worry enjoy
stevegough

posted on 7/11/11 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi

I am at Donington on Sun Nov 27th on a trackday run by Donington themselves for £99. We will have 4-5 cars running ranging from 90 - 200 Bhp. If you fancied doing that day instead you would be welcome to join us and i will help you through the day with any teething problems / setup Etc, that's FOC as i am already there playing with setups on the other cars and having a general bit off fun anyhow.

Cheers Matt

That sounds like a great offer you can't refuse?

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

mcg

posted on 7/11/11 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi everyone,

Matt: That is a very kind offer, thankyou very much. I will probably end up doing both days as I have my father in law who helped me build the car coming over from Denmark on the 19th so will be good to have a run out when he is over. I will PM you if I book on to 27th so you know which wierdo is sheepishly loitering around your cars on the day!

Thanks everyone for all the comments. I feel a lot better about doing it generally, so thanks alot.

Matt

quote:
Originally posted by stevegough
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi

Cheers Matt

That sounds like a great offer you can't refuse?

procomp

posted on 15/11/11 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Forgot this thread.

That's no problem as we are there already as i say.
We are currently running 4 cars on the day ( 1 bright orange, 1 black #55, 1 grey/orange and 1 red/silver, all sevens) so just come and park up close and join in the fun ill even sort a warm drink out as i will have the Winnie / race truck there for some warmth.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.