Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Something New From Mk Engineering
chris mason

posted on 8/11/11 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Something New From Mk Engineering

Just stumbled across this on Mk Engineerings website, looks like a good bit of fun

Wonder what one of those would be like on the road/dirt track/local fields etc

Uses a 600cc bike engine too, there pretty cheap too which is a bonus

Looks like work in progress so could be something to look out for in 2012

F600 click me

Stott

posted on 8/11/11 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
My mate built 2 about 15 years ago, a single seat 600 and a 2 seated blade engined version.

Mark Higgins was gonna buy them as a toy for people to drive at the end of his rally school tuition days, he drove them and said he loved them but there's no way he could let a member of the public drive one as they're mental, the insurance would have a fit!

Someone else bought them though, they're out there somewhere!

mad-butcher

posted on 8/11/11 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like it could be fun, Just wondering what fault(s) a certain member on here is going to find with it, after all it does come from MK,
Good luck with it Martin

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Agriv8

posted on 8/11/11 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
class 9 grasser ?

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Talon Motorsport

posted on 8/11/11 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
That's a NASA autograss formula 600 and is used in short oval dirt track racing, it's basicly a cheaper class 8 for bike engines up to 1380cc. class 9 specials are car engines from 1400-2080cc and class 10 is unlimited twin bike lumps turboed and V8's. I'll be waiting to see what sort of money MK will be looking for as you can get a chassis from ARD for £1000.

www.national-autograss.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Agriv8

posted on 8/11/11 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport
That's a NASA autograss formula 600 and is used in short oval dirt track racing, it's basicly a cheaper class 8 for bike engines up to 1380cc. class 9 specials are car engines from 1400-2080cc and class 10 is unlimited twin bike lumps turboed and V8's. I'll be waiting to see what sort of money MK will be looking for as you can get a chassis from ARD for £1000.

www.national-autograss.co.uk

not a bad guess (just 1 out )

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Browny
Junior Builder

Posts 32
Registered 6/6/07

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Space framed Fiat Seicento with zzr1400 engine.

posted on 8/11/11 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Just been on ARD's website and they are quoting £2200 - £2300 for a class 8 and 9 chassis respectively. Obviously the wishbones, trailing arms etc are all extra. A F600 chassis is very similar apart from the back section, the engine and drive configuration differ. This involves extra chassis work to mount the final drive sprocket etc. I can not feasibly see ARD offering a F600 chassis for £1200 LESS than a class 8 or 9 chassis.

Where the F600 class wins is the use of cheap engines, dampers and drive chain layout as drive boxes are not allowed. The F600 website states you can home build a car for approx £4k. Typically the front runners are spending £5.5 - £7K.

It looks like a fantastic championship, its affordable and there are hundreds of tracks through out the country, competing most weekends.

With the added cost of IVA and the increasing cost of fuel, insurance and track days, I think this looks like an exciting alternative to the current kit car offerings. I'm sure as with all MK Engineerings products they will be affordable and of high quality.

My friends and I are all eagerly awaiting the completion of the project as we're all talking about getting one. Cheap, affordable motorsport with lots of regular events, seems ideal and lots of fun.

Talon Motorsport

posted on 8/11/11 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry my mistake the DRD chassis is £1000 not the ARD.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.