Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LEZ
RAYLEE29

posted on 9/11/11 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
LEZ

Had a letter today from london council.
apparently if i wish to drive my maverick in the lez from sometime next year it would cost me £100 a day!
its a good job i live 100 miles away and have no intention of going anywhere near london in it.
but what about all those that do thats just plain extortion isnt it?

ps anyone want to buy a 2.7td lwb maverick

Ray

build diary1
http://picasaweb.google.com/raylee290/RoadsterPics#
build diary2
http://picasaweb.google.com/raylee290/KITCARPICS?authkey=Gv1sRgCI2AouyYgpuQmAE#

bonzoronnie

posted on 9/11/11 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Daylight robbery if you ask me Ray

Watched that program about the Greek economy the other evening.
Thinking about the back handers that are reputedly commonplace, are we really any different in this country.

Backhander to Boris to drive in London

How's the build going Ray ?, long time no speak.

Ronnie

RAYLEE29

posted on 9/11/11 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Ronnie haven't been on Haynes site for longer than I can remember (got fed up with a few people on there which is a shame ).my car is sat on it's wheels waiting patiently for me to weld up my mini and I haven't touched that for a month tbh haven't touched the roadster for a year but it does roll and the engine starts on the key how are you and how's yours getting on?
Ray

fazerruss

posted on 9/11/11 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Are talking about the low emission zone in london?
Ive seen the big green signs when in the area but whats it all about?

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

BigFaceDave

posted on 9/11/11 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I had a nice letter the other day too, my Vw t4 doesn't comply therefore £100 a day, I know a lot of the guys on the t4 forum are annoyed as the only way the guys in London that aren't compliant are having to face selling there vans or paying £2000 for a filter fitted. Seeing as alot of trades men have t4's it's a good kick in the balls for them seeing as there is a recession on and then Boris is forcing them to buy a new van! Some of which will have the same engine! Cheers Boris!
MikeRJ

posted on 9/11/11 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
So assuming you have a non-compliant vehicle and have to get a DPF fitted to be able to use it, who polices this? Will there be random checks on particulate emissions?
jollygreengiant

posted on 9/11/11 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
So assuming you have a non-compliant vehicle and have to get a DPF fitted to be able to use it, who polices this? Will there be random checks on particulate emissions?

Monitored by remote sensors and cameras as per the Central London congestion zone, all around the periffery.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

MikeRJ

posted on 10/11/11 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

Monitored by remote sensors and cameras as per the Central London congestion zone, all around the periffery.

They measure tailpipe emissions with a remote sensor? Considering that they can't even reliably measure speed with a remote sensor, which is a vastly simpler task, I can't see this giving very reliable results. And of course the people with cloned number plates are going to be laughing harder than ever.

RAYLEE29

posted on 10/11/11 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
it makes you wonder just how many non compliant vehicles there are.
im surprised at vw t4's being bad always thought the germans were way ahead on emissions what with the tuv testing and all.
i suppose they could do random spot checks on supposedly moidfied vehicles but what they really want is old vehicles off the road hence the scrappage scheme etc
Ray

build diary1
http://picasaweb.google.com/raylee290/RoadsterPics#
build diary2
http://picasaweb.google.com/raylee290/KITCARPICS?authkey=Gv1sRgCI2AouyYgpuQmAE#

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.