Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2 Minute Silence
mistergrumpy

posted on 11/11/11 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
2 Minute Silence

I'm working lates tonight so have been stood up at home for the 2 minute silence watching the various services on BBC and all of a sudden BANG! Why does some ignorant, inconsiderate idiot find it necessary to set fireworks off during the 2 minute silence?
This isn't the first year I've heard this. It really boils my blood that someone can't shut up for 120 seconds and feel that they have to ruin it for others This is what society has come to IMO.

gottabedone

posted on 11/11/11 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
we just had the same here - some tw!ts seem to struggle with silence
jabbahutt

posted on 11/11/11 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Couldn't agree more, it's time that all these selfish, self obcessed, ignorant buggers learnt some respect.

DRC INDY 7

posted on 11/11/11 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
You always get some dickhead that spoils it
if it was up to me there would be no human rites for these type of people so that they could be taught the errors of there ways by our armed forces at a training camp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

Daddylonglegs

posted on 11/11/11 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DRC INDY 7
............taught the errors of there ways by our armed forces at a training camp

Yeah, Afghanistan!! See how they enjoy that

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

bobinspain

posted on 11/11/11 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DRC INDY 7
You always get some dickhead that spoils it
if it was up to me there would be no human rites for these type of people so that they could be taught the errors of there ways by our armed forces at a training camp

Spot on Dale!
In the words of Private Eye: "They should be lashed until they drop. It's the only language they understand."

T66

posted on 11/11/11 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Did mine - On my own in the garage, where else.....

Agriv8

posted on 11/11/11 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
2 minites silence for those that have laid down there lives doing the governments dirty work not a huge ask is it, regardles of your beleafs if the conflict is right or wrong.

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

monck

posted on 11/11/11 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
I had 2 minutes silence today at work

Some people are unbelievable

steve m

posted on 11/11/11 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
I was asleep, hope thta counts!!

as im between nights

r1_pete

posted on 11/11/11 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Yup working too, company is good and encourages participation using a quick alarm at the start and end.

BUT

We have a group of foreigners taking more jobs offshore who insisted on talking away all through!!!!! B****rds

[Edited on 11/11/11 by r1_pete]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cliftyhanger

posted on 11/11/11 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
I was teaching a bunch of 16 year olds all about atomic structure, and I had forgotten the time until the bell went. ALL the kids sat in absolute silence until the 2nd bell, I was VERY impressed. Seems many of the young un's have some respect despite what the Express would have us believe
craig1410

posted on 11/11/11 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
I try to take part in the silence at 11am if I can but it's not always possible in practice. However, I think what is important is that we all take a moment at some part of the day to reflect on the sacrifices made to keep our country free. It doesn't matter where you do it or when you do it or how in my mind.

I would also say that we should not restrict this sentiment to 11th November as our freedom thankfully lasts all year round.

There is an advert on the TV with an old guy with bright blue eyes sitting in a chair and the narrator is speaking over him talking about how the things he has seen has scarred him deeply inside. I think the advert is about post traumatic stress disorder or something similar. I always get a lump in my throat when the old guy looks at the camera - something about the stoic yet fragile way he is sitting there just like any other old guy and yet the implication is that he has killed other human beings to preserve our freedom. I find that a powerful image.

Many of us at one time or another will have wanted to be like Bruce Lee or Steven Seagal or (pick your favourite action hero) and imagined ourselves dispatching the bad guys with a sharp tug on their neck or a well aimed bullet or sword strike. Many of us will have played computer games where we are blasting computer characters left right and centre. However, the reality is quite different I suspect and for those who live each day with the knowledge of what they have seen or done in the line of duty I think they deserve our respect. They are the real action heroes after all !

fullpint

posted on 11/11/11 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
I had mine on my own in my little unit. Respect to all whom have lost a friend or family member over the years..

I've over 28 years in dealing with magnesium wheels. Refurbishment and can powder coat most metal parts. Visit my web site if you wish..
www.tpcs-magnesium-refurbs.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
simonwinn

posted on 11/11/11 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
I work for Toyota, at the production plant near Derby. The whole plant gets 5 minutes warning and then an announcement at the start and end of the silence. Everything stops, even the auto welding lines, its a bit weird when its that quiet.
austin man

posted on 11/11/11 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Cant believe that 1 idiot asked a staff member who had died, another a staff member asked what time doyou have the silence and how long for.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

morcus

posted on 11/11/11 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
I too was asleep at 11 but observed my own this evening.

My experience from previous years though is it's more likely to be older people than younger people who don't observe and interfear with these silences, as anyone who's ever found themselves at a supermarket for one will know.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.