Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Build pics
Dazzer

posted on 26/11/11 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Build pics

I have bought a near complete kitcar but have no build pics is this going to be a problem P.S the car was built by a kitcar manfacture.The car is a RRR Sr2 which i plan on putting on the road and needs an IVA i have all the docs from the 1.8 MX5 donor just not sure what to do as this is my first kit car build any help would be gratefull.

[Edited on 27/11/11 by Dazzer]

[Edited on 27/11/11 by Dazzer]

designer

posted on 26/11/11 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Why is it such a secret what make it is?

If we don't know we can't help!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 27/11/11 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
is it going to be a problem for what? is it road legal? or do you have to IVA it?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MakeEverything

posted on 27/11/11 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
Isn't RRR the manufacturer?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=139193

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Dazzer

posted on 27/11/11 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Yes they are but mine wasn`t built by the current owner mike.
MakeEverything

posted on 27/11/11 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dazzer
Yes they are but mine wasn`t built by the current owner mike.

So is it an RRR then? If it wasn't built by them, then which manufacurer part built it? You might be able to get a letter from them stating the condition when it was sold and the reasons for it to present to the DVLA when it comes to registration or to VOSA at IVA.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Dazzer

posted on 29/11/11 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
It was built by RRR but then that company was sold to the current owner and this one was left over from the old business and was never finished the car is near complete just needs the wiring,lights,dash and steering column fitting then checking over the car for anything that may have been missed so not a lot to complete,car needs an IVA but i do have all the docs from the donor but have no build pics so what do i do.
40inches

posted on 29/11/11 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dazzer
It was built by RRR but then that company was sold to the current owner and this one was left over from the old business and was never finished the car is near complete just needs the wiring,lights,dash and steering column fitting then checking over the car for anything that may have been missed so not a lot to complete,car needs an IVA but i do have all the docs from the donor but have no build pics so what do i do.

Take off as much as you feel comfortable with and take photos as you put it back together. Contact RRR and see if you can take photos of one they are building. Search the interweb for build diaries with photos?????
From your description you still have a bit to do, when you take the nose cone, bonnet and scuttle off, these cars look a bit sorry for themselves

[Edited on 29-11-11 by 40inches]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.