Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedal box and brake bias bar?
Nickp

posted on 26/11/11 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Pedal box and brake bias bar?

Just been having a look at what I've got pedal wise today, to suss out what I'm going to do.

Found this in the box of bits that came with the chassis-

Unbolted the pedal box to get a better look. It's fitted with twin M/Cs -

My first thought to modify the brake pedal is to cut a semi circle into the back of it and weld the steel cylinder from the bias bar into it. This sound right?

Something like this-

There's two other issues=
It's setup for a cable clutch, I need hydraulic. So plenty of modification to be done there.
The previous 'builder' welded some strange accelerator pedal brackets on, not as per book. But I have the proper brackets / pedal so no biggy really.

With so much work needed to get it working for my application I'm thinking it might be more use to someone with a cable clutch? It seems nicely made and with the bias bar and M/Cs it must be worth something. Whatever I get could be put towards a complete OBP pedal box. They seem good value at £200, but at £300 c/w resevoirs and pipes somehow doesn't seem quite so good.

[Edited on 26/11/11 by Nickp]

Thinking about it

posted on 26/11/11 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
This would do you.

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=1375 _1376_1384&products_id=13604

Nickp

posted on 27/11/11 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thinking about it
This would do you.

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=1375 _1376_1384&products_id=13604

Cheers fella, I might just get one of those if I can move mine on to someone with a cable clutch.

macc man

posted on 27/11/11 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
I was going to build my own but decided to buy a obp design unit. Came with correct cylinders and well made. Not worth the risk making one in my opinion.

Nickp

posted on 27/11/11 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by macc man
I was going to build my own but decided to buy a obp design unit. Came with correct cylinders and well made. Not worth the risk making one in my opinion.

Fair one. TBH I'd be quite happy to do the brake part of it with the bias bar, but to then have to convert it to hydraulic clutch would be a pain. I'd deffo use it if I was using a cable, but there's too many things to get wrong (pedal stroke, bore etc). Let's be honest, what's the point in building a sports / drivers car if the pedals aren't right?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.