Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Why?
designer

posted on 13/12/11 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Why?

Why do people ask on here before they do the most basic search on the web?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Madinventions

posted on 13/12/11 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Link

Mojo build diary: http://www.madinventions.co.uk

Solo music project: Syrrenfor http://www.reverbnation.com/syrrenfor

View my band website:
http://www.shadowlight.org.uk

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk/

emsfactory

posted on 13/12/11 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
did you use the search function too see if there was allready an answer?
dinosaurjuice

posted on 13/12/11 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
in all fairness, theres vast amounts of rubbish floating around on the net, and this place is generally a trustworthy source.

steve m

posted on 13/12/11 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
"in all fairness, theres vast amounts of rubbish floating around on the net, and this place is generally a trustworthy source. "

some threads on here are the other way round, hahaha

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 13/12/11 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dinosaurjuice
in all fairness, theres vast amounts of rubbish floating around on the net, and this place is generally a trustworthy source.

+1

r1_pete

posted on 13/12/11 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't that what a forum is for, ask questions, get opinions, generate discussion??
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BigLee

posted on 13/12/11 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Because it is a forum. That's what people do on forums. The Internet is full of wisdom, but hopefully by asking the friendly folk on here, that wisdom will come from like minded people.
jossey

posted on 13/12/11 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
have you searched using the search option on here......

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

jabbahutt

posted on 13/12/11 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'll admit to possibly falling foul of this but as stated I trust the answers I get here where it's much more of a gamble taking information as truth off an unknown website. Plus here not only will you get the answer to the question but other info relating to it such as best place to buy or price etc

scootz

posted on 13/12/11 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
I would far rather ask the question and have the discussion in 'real time' than rely on an old piece of information from some source that I know zip about!

God knows how many times I've read conflicting opinions (facts allegedly!) on the internet... and then it transpires that they were all wrong!

It's Evolution Baby!

coyoteboy

posted on 13/12/11 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
The search on here is as diabolical as any other I've met, making searching a royal PITA. Included with that problem are the facts that it seems signatures are searchable and so related words are inserted into random unrelated threads which is a mess. Google searches are no better, these days filled with reciprocating spam sites that just stick your search word into their text and flash up adverts. Waste of time, better to speak to someone in person.
Lurch88

posted on 13/12/11 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
What He said
theduck

posted on 13/12/11 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
I tend to search here for 5 minutes before posting a new thread and mine are probably questions mot people think are pretty basic!

whitestu

posted on 13/12/11 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
You can't stop people asking. There is nothing to make you answer if you don't want to.

Stu

mrwibble

posted on 13/12/11 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
if you had performed a search on here you would find the answer has already been discussed...
jollygreengiant

posted on 13/12/11 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
FORTY TWO

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

bi22le

posted on 13/12/11 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I like the idea of clearing up all the basic stuff for a site like this. What some people find basic others may not be able to work out.

This site is unique in its topic and some of the subjects just would of not been discussed elsewhere with reference to our lightweight english only cars. Its not like this is another superbike forum or dedicated track day forum.

Plus once the silly question has been asked its archived. Next time it gets asked we can beat the newbie around the head with the search button!!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

thunderace

posted on 13/12/11 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
why do you give a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
theduck

posted on 13/12/11 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
I like the idea of clearing up all the basic stuff for a site like this. What some people find basic others may not be able to figure out

Plus once the silly question has been asked its archived. Next time it gets asked we can beat the newbie around the head with the search button!!!

I like this answer

Another thing is sometimes your issue isnt a text book example, or at least it doesn't seem to fit the 101 other threads and google results you found. So you ask for sake of clarity.

Stott

posted on 13/12/11 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I would far rather ask the question and have the discussion in 'real time' than rely on an old piece of information from some source that I know zip about!

God knows how many times I've read conflicting opinions (facts allegedly!) on the internet... and then it transpires that they were all wrong!

"The trouble is with quotes and facts on internet forums is that they can never truly be relied upon" - Albert Einstein

adithorp

posted on 13/12/11 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
...and why do people put title s on their threads that give no clue to the content. A good title makes searching a lot easier.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Ninehigh

posted on 13/12/11 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
I've found searching to be pants... The more specific a thing I ask for the less relevant the results...

Also I've searched for something highly specific (on here) that I said and got nothing

You think it's bad here you should sit in an online game chatroom, you get the newbie questions time after time, and the arguments over it

RK

posted on 13/12/11 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
If you click "Match Exactly" prior to searching, you will likely find what you want. The other buttons, not so much.
scootz

posted on 13/12/11 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
If you click "Match Exactly" prior to searching, you will likely find what you want. The other buttons, not so much.

That's what I've found!

It's Evolution Baby!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.