Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: help with MS Office Outlook please
andrew-theasby

posted on 17/12/11 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
help with MS Office Outlook please

Hi, just created a new e-mail address as my old one is disappearing with my old internet contract soon.
-I like to view my emails in outlook and on my phone and with my old address i can look on my phone, but when i log onto outlook, it downloads them there and they disappear from the phone. I remember this being an option when i originally set it up , but cant get my new gmail to do it, they stay on the phone all the time.
-Also id like to move the contacts from the old profile in outlook to the new one.
-While were on the subject, my old address has stopped sending through outlook, but still sends from my phone, any suggestions what to check? ive been through the settings but i dont think ive ever changed anything
Task 'xxxxxxx@tiscali.co.uk - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
-and last but not least, how can i move all the old e-mails id like to keep into the new profile?

If anyone can help with any of the above it would be very much appreciated as im currently job hunting and its very annoying not having my emails working properly. Thanks

jabs

posted on 18/12/11 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
On the first issue I assume you access gmail direct from your phone and that when downloaded by outlook the gmail version is deleted.

go to

https://mail.google.com/mail/#settings/fwdandpop

and change the 'when messages are accessed by pop" setting

for the contacts try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286044

[Edited on 18/12/11 by jabs]

mookaloid

posted on 18/12/11 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
there's a few questions in there and they aren't all easy.

I have done this several times for friends and family and it is time consuming but worth it.

Firstly moving to gmail was a good move because you have made the move to online email which means that you are now ISP independant and you won't lose your emails when your computer breaks.

You can export your contacts to gmail from outlook or outlook express as a .csv file and then import them into gmail in "settings>accounts and import"

for importing emails this can be done using IMAP there is a lot of info out there eg guide here

you can add your tiscali account to gmail so that all your emails end up online in gmail so there is no need to synchronise between gmail and outlook any more.

because gmail works differently to outlook there is no easy way to replicate the old behaviour on your phone using gmail.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.