Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Oulton Park trackday, March 2nd.
Steve PH

posted on 2/1/12 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Oulton Park trackday, March 2nd.

Christmas is over and 2012 is here so we are looking forward to our first trackday of the year at Oulton Park

Trackaction-Online will be back there on Friday March 2nd running an open pitlane on the International Circuit and as ever we will be keeping the numbers sensible so you'll get plenty of tracktime. There will be free instruction available with our handpicked ARDS instructors and Xtreme photography will be there taking photos so you can see how good your car looks on track.

Cost for this one is £130 but as a thanks to the clubs that help us to run these days we are repeating our popular free places offer that we introduced last year.

For every five places we sell on here we will give a full refund to one driver!

When you book a place there's a comments box at the end of the booking form, just put LOCOST in the box and a week before the event we will count up the number of entries and for every five that have booked one name will be drawn out of a hat and the lucky winner will be announced on this thread so you can all give them evil glances on the day . If we can get ten together its two free spaces and so on.

Bookings can be made at OUR SHOP, you don't need any discount code to book but don't forget to fill in the comments box with LOCOST to get entered into the draw.

Can't wait to get the season started and looking forward to seeing some of you out there!

Cheers

Steve H

Some shots from when we were there in November -

For every five places we sell on here we will give a full refund to one driver!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 2/1/12 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
would it not be better to put names of people from here who have booked on this thread and split the cost between each other? this way everyone gets a cheaper day!
also ive never done a trackday but what exactly does open pitlane mean? and whats the db limit? cheers

Nickp

posted on 2/1/12 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
would it not be better to put names of people from here who have booked on this thread and split the cost between each other? this way everyone gets a cheaper day!
also ive never done a trackday but what exactly does open pitlane mean? and whats the db limit? cheers

Open pit lane means you can go out whenever you want (subject to the numbers on track at one time) rather than having fixed sessions. Which should give plenty of track time on a long lap like Oulton. Looks like the noise limit is 105dB.
Should be plenty of PPC'ers (including us in our MR2 V6 hopefully) there as they're advertising it too.

Steve PH

posted on 2/1/12 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Nicks description is spot on there and 105 is the limit for the day, this is a static done at 3/4 revs. They also do have driveby but we've had no problems with that so long as the car has passed the static.

Regarding the free places offer, we added it in as a bit of a bonus and a thank-you for any of the clubs that get more than five entries, the price is plenty competitive anyway TBH but if any winners want to share their good luck around then that's fine by us

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigfoot4616

posted on 2/1/12 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
would be perfect for a first run out for the R1 conversion.
if everything goes to plan it should be ready in time

owelly

posted on 2/1/12 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there if I can get someone else to pay for me......

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

Nickp

posted on 2/1/12 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I'll be there if I can get someone else to pay for me......

I'll pay for your dinner mate

owelly

posted on 2/1/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
It would be cheaper to pay the track fee.....

Nickp

posted on 2/1/12 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
It would be cheaper to pay the track fee.....

True

daniel mason

posted on 2/1/12 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
if we rack up 5 names thats only £108 per car. that must be good value. if my car is ready ill come for sure

[Edited on 2/1/12 by daniel mason]

NigeEss

posted on 3/1/12 at 12:30 AM Reply With Quote
I'm interested, was going to do the 17th Feb one at £99 but there's a better chance on good weather
in March.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

welderman

posted on 3/1/12 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfoot4616
would be perfect for a first run out for the R1 conversion.
if everything goes to plan it should be ready in time

I'm in the same boat as you fella. If mines ready I might be up for this one too

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

owelly

posted on 28/2/12 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Heads-up and roll call!
Who's going from here?
I was hoping to blag a few laps via PPC Magazine but thats looking unlikely now. My cars isn't quite track-worthy yet so I was borrowing a car for the day, however, £130 + £140 for fuel to get there to be taking it easy in someone elses car is looking less inviting by the minute!
But I've done dafter things.......
PS, if any late bookees mension my name and PPC Mag, I may get a discount and if I do, I'll buy lunch for the Locosters involved!

Nickp

posted on 28/2/12 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not gonna be quite ready either mate. The MR2's close but I haven't got the time to finish it off. I'm gonna sort it next month and get it out on either 14/15th April at Blyton, fancy joining us? Then it'll be off to Mallory for PPCITP in May
Steve PH

posted on 28/2/12 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
We have got a couple of PPCers on the list fro Friday but this one is fully booked now.
owelly

posted on 28/2/12 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
OK Steve, I may still have a trip down just to spectate.

owelly

posted on 2/3/12 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
I was there! Our car was marvellous.
Thanks to those incolved.

Nickp

posted on 2/3/12 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I was there! Our car was marvellous.
Thanks to those incolved.

Did you carry plenty of hair products on your laps out?

owelly

posted on 2/3/12 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, couldn't move for Jaffas products. Its because he's worth it.

Nickp

posted on 2/3/12 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
You're the new 'Tony & Guy'
owelly

posted on 3/3/12 at 12:21 AM Reply With Quote
Not Gavin and Troy, Laurel and Hardy, Little and Large, Ren and Stimpy, etc.?

Trev Borg

posted on 3/3/12 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
If you'd been there. you could could have borrowed some of the spare hair products from the little hairdressers car!!

On second thoughts, I don't think you or I really need hair products, just hair. Owelly on the other hand, has a fair bit of hair on the back of his head

And to anyone (this means people not using the 'my cars not ready excuse) that was there, it was a good day out, hope the pair of blithering idiots in the £600 hairdressers cars didn't get in your way too much.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

By that time, who cares.

You're a mile away, and you've got his shoes

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.