Proud to stay British

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Question for the Scots
mookaloid

posted on 9/1/12 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Question for the Scots

I'm interested to know what the general opinion of our Scottish contingent is ........ If Dave is successful and gets the referendum pushed through sooner rather than later how would you vote?

Just residents north of the border to answer please

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

scootz

posted on 9/1/12 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Linky

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 9/1/12 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Linky

It's Evolution Baby!

ali f27

posted on 9/1/12 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
As long as they drop the border below cumbria london dosn,t even know we exist
mookaloid

posted on 9/1/12 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Linky

Ah yes but that was a poll set up by a Scot - This poll is potentially a legally binding poll set up by an Englishman where the Scots have no say in the wording of the question

scootz

posted on 9/1/12 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Ah!

It's Evolution Baby!

mookaloid

posted on 9/1/12 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Do we think that an early poll rather than waiting till 2014 will make much difference?

scootz

posted on 9/1/12 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
An early poll would probably lead nowhere. That's why the Nats are delaying things... so they can work a bit more on selling the concept.

It's Evolution Baby!

Simon

posted on 9/1/12 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Quite amusing, Dave bitching cos he doesn't want a bit of nationalist pride influencing the vote on the 700th anniversary of a certain battle where the English lost and Alec is bitching because he wants a bit of nationalist pride influencing the vote on the 700th anniversary of a certain battle where the English lost.

I find it amusing that Alex says they were elected giving them a clear mandate to vote on a referendum.

Funny thing is, the snp only has 69 from 129 seats in the Scottish parliament. Hardly an emphatic mandate, especially given that only about 30% voted in the last general election.

I think the UK is stronger the way it is, but if Scotland left the union, the tories wouldn't need the coalition. Plus side fro everything I suppose

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 9/1/12 by Simon]

zilspeed

posted on 9/1/12 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Where's your

"Mmm, not sure right now, I'll have to think about it. It's a big question."

Option ?

A1

posted on 9/1/12 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
I was hearing from a rather reliable source that if we go the wrong way, fat chins will try to align us with europe, we take on the euro, house prices (pensions) will bottom out and lots of people will quickly go bankrupt.

also on the subject, scotland has roughly 6million people in it. take a guess at how many of them are net tax payers (ie people not being paid by the government)... 185 thousand. So thats how many people will be upholding our country.

chris mason

posted on 9/1/12 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1
I was hearing from a rather reliable source that if we go the wrong way, fat chins will try to align us with europe, we take on the euro, house prices (pensions) will bottom out and lots of people will quickly go bankrupt.

also on the subject, scotland has roughly 6million people in it. take a guess at how many of them are net tax payers (ie people not being paid by the government)... 185 thousand. So thats how many people will be upholding our country.

Assuming those figures are correct, i don't see how Scotland can hold it's own if it does become independant

Also makes you wonder, if those figures are correct and Scotland gains it's independence, how many of those that vote for indpendence will then migrate to England in search of work and better living (assuming Scotland can no longer provide for it's people)

[Edited on 9/1/12 by chris mason]

dave

posted on 9/1/12 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Scotland cant hold its own, never will. In my opinion the only reason the SNP got into power is they are the best of a bad bunch. Politics is 5h1te to be honest it needs a revamp.
watsonpj

posted on 9/1/12 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure those figures are right see here fairly near the bottom

linky

looks like 2.5million taxpayers

with 288,000 higher rate which kind of stand to reason as the people who work in and around the rigs must live somewhere and pay tax.

Atleast if scotland got independence people in shop(back in england) would finally have a good reason to refuse the scottish notes I bring back from aberdeen.

Pete

myke pocock

posted on 9/1/12 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hope they get it. Save some money I hope via the difference that they get per head of population with everyone else apart from the Irish. Never see them complaining about that do we!!!
RK

posted on 9/1/12 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Been through the referendum thing. Waste of taxpayers' money, and causes no end of frustration for both sides. Personally, I'm a little bored with this "the English are so awful, and used to treat us badly" crap. English Canadians still get that from some of my neighbours. It's an emotional argument, and somehow people are "less Quebecer/Scottish/whatever you want that day" if they don't agree. Total BS because nobody will win.
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 9/1/12 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
I agree - entirely, the political system isn't working. For many varied reasons, the people that end up 'leading' aren't the best people for the job. Vive the Technocrat, perish the Greed.

OK, so I'm not 'Scottish', I don't believe I am 'English', I am part of the UK. Independent Scotland, closely followed by an Independent Wales and (of course) Kernow.... all that'll be left is the City of London..... hmmm...

So will Merkyl bail out an 'independent' Scotland, or does England continue to recycle independent Scottish Bonds as it does (in effect) at present?

Anway, is all this a smokescreen to add to the political smoke and mirrors taking the sheeple's minds off more dire matters.... gives us a chance to stock up on tinned food and shells, stretch out the razor wire and prepare for the R1oTs.

blakep82

posted on 10/1/12 at 02:38 AM Reply With Quote
tbh, i can't think of anything worse than scotland not being part of the uk...
salmond is an arrogant c**k, anti britain, if they told him 'fine, scotland is to be removed from the uk' he'd disagree..
and yes i've been to the pub.

not sure yet if salmonds yet decided what to do about defence, imigration, an NHS, a DVLA, a currency etc etc... he's making promises he can't keep, and as for a single party government, er no thanks... isn't that a dictatorship?

mum and dad from england, me born in soctland, not sure what that makes me, but defo british

[Edited on 10/1/12 by blakep82]

[Edited on 10/1/12 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Ninehigh

posted on 10/1/12 at 05:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ali f27
As long as they drop the border below cumbria london dosn,t even know we exist

They could drop the border to Milton Keynes and London wouldn't notice

foskid

posted on 10/1/12 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Linky

I refer to my earlier remark.

He knows nothing and thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career.
George Bernard Shaw

Agriv8

posted on 10/1/12 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Thought it was closer than that - within the 'London Financial District' keep em happy.
the rest of us can keep underwriting there bad decisions

[Edited on 10/1/12 by Agriv8]

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 10/1/12 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK6LkpfZ94s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

We might as well go on our own as nothing north of the watford gap counts anyway

zilspeed

posted on 10/1/12 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
I find it quite ironic that due to the innapropriateness of both questions and my refusing to participate for that reason, I have no clue what people are voting.
Especially given that I actually live here.

Still, there you go.

As we say up here, maybes aye, maybes naw.

Edited to add - the above appears quite grumpy. Not intentional.

[Edited on 10/1/12 by zilspeed]

JoelP

posted on 10/1/12 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
you can click the view results button john, its 16:5 to stay british.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

zilspeed

posted on 10/1/12 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
I don't have a view results button.

I must be on a lite version of things.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.