Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 0-60 for a zetec?
lewis

posted on 15/1/12 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
0-60 for a zetec?

Getting to the last stages of my zetec conversion & just wonders what kind of 0-60 time I could expect? It's a MK Indy with full rollcage/zetec blacktop 2.0l running bike carbs & mega jolt.

I am a driving god!..........sort of

dunk3

posted on 15/1/12 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
I have recorded a 0 to 60 time of 5.3 seconds with the koso digi dash , MK Indy with full rollcage/zetec blacktop 2.0l running standard injection , and a griffin plenum chamber, rolling roaded at 150bhp

[Edited on 15/1/12 by dunk3]

whitestu

posted on 15/1/12 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
I't tried to time mine and it seems to be about 5-6ish - 2.0 Blacktop with bike carbs.

Stu

INDY BIRD

posted on 15/1/12 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
I think your gearing will play a part in this ie diff ratio and gearbox etc, ie can have a longer 1st gear etc,
Tyres also will make a difference but 5 secs prob fair to say?

Paul Turner

posted on 15/1/12 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Unless its for pub bragging rights the 0 - 60 time is meaningless. If you are drag racing the 1/4 mile time matters, on the road its flexibilty for overtaking, on the hills or sprints your run time and if you are racing you need to be first across the line.
daniel mason

posted on 15/1/12 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
or if you want to know the 0-60 time you ask the question!

coozer

posted on 15/1/12 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't matter really, what you want to do is cruise round and see how many super cars you can beat off the lights

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

lewis

posted on 15/1/12 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Not bothered about bragging rights just wondered what the performance would be like to other cars im running a type 9 and 3:62 diff with rubbish tyres (soon to be replaced) thanks for the responses guys :-)

I am a driving god!..........sort of

daniel mason

posted on 15/1/12 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
for referance lewis my uncle has a blacktop 2.0 zetec on twin dellortos in a dutton phaeton s1 and it goes really really well!
it was a s quick as my old evo 8 anyway. so i would say under 6 seconds quite comfortably. you will notice a big difference i think!

jeffw

posted on 15/1/12 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
My fastest on a Sprint start was 3.9 0-60. This was on GGG R888s. This figure was from the Datalogger and was a one off. Normally it is closer to 4.3secs

[Edited on 16/1/12 by jeffw]

antimony

posted on 15/1/12 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
I was lead to believe that the official 0 - 60 times for production cars were almost unattainable without destroying the transmission. My BMW should be able to do it in just over 7 seconds but I can get no where near that. So if you can record a 5 second time, that may be equivalent to a 4 or 4.5 sec production car
eddie99

posted on 15/1/12 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Although admittedly produced 0-60 times are possibly at times a bit optismitc, all the cars i've owned i've been able to match the stated time.

My 1.8 seven on decent tyres, 110bhp at wheels is about 6 secs

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
paulf

posted on 15/1/12 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
I managed 13.8 secs 101 mph at Santa pod on not very good tyres so fairly quick compared to most tin tops.
Paul

Furyous

posted on 16/1/12 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by antimony
I was lead to believe that the official 0 - 60 times for production cars were almost unattainable without destroying the transmission. My BMW should be able to do it in just over 7 seconds but I can get no where near that. So if you can record a 5 second time, that may be equivalent to a 4 or 4.5 sec production car

BMW are allegedly a bit pessimistic with their 0-60 times. A lot of people can get a few tenths of a second under.

How were you timing your 0-60 run? Tapping a stopwatch when the needle passes 60 is very inaccurate. It takes time to press the button, you might not press it at the exact moment you start moving, the speedo will be over reading your actual speed, the angle you look at the needle compared to the marking could make it look like you're a few mph off.

Regarding wanting to know the 0-60 time of your car - it might be pub banter, but it gives a good indication of what other cars yours compares to. Manufacturers don't give 1/4 mile times and they don't give track times for a Sunday hillclimb in Dorset. Sometimes it's nice to just know you could outrun certain cars.

inkafone

posted on 16/1/12 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Try this
Paul Turner

posted on 16/1/12 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
When fitted with a x-flow my car did a 1/4 mile in 12.9 and 100 mph across line. One of the quickest on the day only beaten by some mega expensive stuff. I was running very sticky Hoosier road tyres and a Quaiffe box.
antimony

posted on 16/1/12 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Furyous

How were you timing your 0-60 run? Tapping a stopwatch when the needle passes 60 is very inaccurate.

Yep - that way, with a modicum of mechanical sympathy.

scutter

posted on 25/1/12 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
My ST lump does 4.7-4.9 via the koso dash, mind it's 190 bhp. roads were cold tho

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
redturner
Senior Builder

Posts 449
Registered 9/11/12

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Run 2 ltr Black Top in single seater race car.

posted on 27/2/13 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Those of you involved in sprinting/hillclimbing will know that we measure the first 64 ft, to give an acceleration 'g' figure. My standard 2 litre BlackTop on bike cars does 64 feet in 2.1 seconds. This may be a better figure to give an idea how quick you are moving....This is in a very light single seater.

[Edited on 27/2/13 by redturner]

StrikerChris

posted on 27/2/13 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
I've no realy idea what time mine does, all I know is nothing its come across at a convenient place for a sneaky dash has beat it yet.but then you never know how hard the other guys trying.all but one of my mates who've driven mine change gear before it gets on boost cause they crap themselves, so I imagine half the porsches evos and r8 drivers its beat are doing the same! Either way you'll not be disappointed with 150brake the first time you get to nail it!

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hicost

posted on 1/3/13 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Power

Power to Weight: 559 bhp/ton
0-60: 3.2
0-100: 7.0
60-100: 3.8
1/4 Mile ET: 11.27
1/4 Mile Terminal: 126
Dragstrip 1/4 Mile ET: 11.07
Dragstrip 1/4 Mile Terminal: 129

"I cant do that without accidentally grabbing hold of the work of the divine potter"

jeffw

posted on 1/3/13 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
RWD - 340bhp & 620kg
Power to Weight: 557 bhp/ton
0-60: 3.3
0-100: 7.6
60-100: 4.3
1/4 Mile ET: 11.41
1/4 Mile Terminal: 122
Dragstrip 1/4 Mile ET: 11.21
Dragstrip 1/4 Mile Terminal: 125

[Edited on 1/3/13 by jeffw]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.