Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Another Whats it worth thread
phoenix70

posted on 22/1/12 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Another Whats it worth thread

Appoligies in advance for this one.

Toying with parting with my Indy, and just don't know if I'm being ambition on the price I would like to achieve for it. I haven't got any recent pics, but some older ones are in my archive. It was SVA'ed in 2006 and I've done just 3500 miles in it since then. I've spent more time tinkering with things and upgrading than I have driving it. Passed the SVA with a Pinto engine, but I've since pulled that out and put a Triumph Daytona engine in instead, got a full windscreen and wipers and washers, LSD diff, 14" wheels, the bonnets has been changed for one with a scoop.
I planned to put a new MOT on it, as it currently doesn't have one.

I know it's difficult without pictures and I will try and take some more, but whats the consensus, if I asked £5k for it do you think their would be many takers.

Cheers

Scott

Proby

posted on 22/1/12 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
It's a really difficult market out there, especially at this time of year. Good for buying, bad for selling. It's difficult to put a price on things, it's worth what someone will pay for it really. If you really want to sell, price it at what YOU want for it, if it sells great. If it does not sell, either keep it, or drop the price! Good luck whatever you decide to do, looks a nice car!
PAUL FISHER

posted on 22/1/12 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
A road registered Bec Indy is worth £5000 all day long, the engine choice in yours might put a few buyers off, but I am sure if you advertised it at £4995 ono it would not be long in selling, just be prepared to take offers on that price if you want a quick sale.
bobinspain

posted on 22/1/12 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
It'll cost next to bu66er all to float it on ebay and see if you get any takers, so give it a go.
The market will decide, but as you know, the market's depressed right now and folk want som'at for now't.Get a good day or three in spring (O to be in England and all that) and things could be totally different.
If you can hang on 'til apr/may, then you'll get 20% more for your car.
Good luck.

Bob.

phoenix70

posted on 22/1/12 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys,

Not in a rush to sell, got a few jobs to do on it to get it ready for the road again, and I've got to MOT it. I might give it a go on ebay and see what happens.

Ta

Scott

daviep

posted on 22/1/12 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
How does a swap for an engine crane sound

I promise I'll come and get it out your way some time, sorry it's taken so long.

Cheers
Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

norfolkluego

posted on 22/1/12 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
FWIW
Someone's got a Pinto engined Tiger Cat E1 on eBay for ten grand. OK it's very nicely put together but ten thousand?

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 23/1/12 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
I'd say float it on Ebay, exactly as it is. Check the wording on other listings, plenty of examples to help you:

"..no MoT, but past last wun easy, so well go thru next MoT esy..."
"..dont have time to fix easy fix.."
"..engin ran 5 years ago shud go now but simple fuel pump fult easy fix..."
"...Barguin!!, ..Bargin.."
"..if i dont get wot its wurth now I'll put the price up in the sumer.."

End it with something like:

"...it owes me £15K, just has oil change so £19K, no silly offers, dreamers or timeasters.."

More seriously:

Would I buy a MoT'd BEC with a 955i for £5K?
Yes, I would, but I may well look at some of the more conventional Westfield MegaBlades out there for not much more (and they aren't selling).

I do like triples!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.