Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: No Top Gear thread this week?
Liam

posted on 6/2/12 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
No Top Gear thread this week?

Hmmm no thread this week? It was on yesterday, some of you may even have watched it. My proxy server thingy that allows me to cheekily watch iPlayer here in Viking land was playing up so I missed it . So was it another good episode, then?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 6/2/12 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Actually, yes it was good, in my opinion (my opinion is worth nothing, your mileage may vary, objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are).

Very little of it (bar a certain Stig activity) looked too contrived, or dumbed down for the Sheeple. I actually found a (Masonic-like) jesture for the IAM to be funny, probably because they didn't overdo it.

All too real ending, all too very real.

mistergrumpy

posted on 6/2/12 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
I thought it was rubbish, one of the worst episodes I've seen. I'm getting sick of these American guests which is obviously some kind of deal with their American series being launched, especially that nobody I AM fella last week. I was actually falling asleep yesterday and turned off 10 minutes from the end. Just not interested in Nascar or Chinese Rover and Alfa things. Rubbish! (IMO)
Surrey Dave

posted on 6/2/12 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
It's Getting Lazy

Always look forward to Top Gear but it's getting pretty lazy/samey now.

I thought last week was hopeless, basic a good excuse for the chaps to hoon around Italy in supercars including a track day at Imola, if I was them I would do that too!!

But not compulsive viewing , I find supercar stuff completely irrelavent and boring.

I'd rather see them hooning round Italy in 3 BMW Isetta bubble cars!

Chippy

posted on 6/2/12 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Pretty boring I thought, and the bit about locking up other peoples bikes etc, (which seemed to amuse them vastly), was just a come on for the young scrotes of today to get up to even more mischief, although they do seem to prefer smashing shop windows these days. The bit on the Chinese cars was predictable, like most other Chinese stuff poorly made crap. Ho Hum! just my rambling. Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

phelpsa

posted on 6/2/12 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
You're a miserable bunch!

I thought it was pretty good, although I've heard enough about the SLS. I enjoyed the Chinese car feature, amusing but informative and gave a good overview of the expansion of Chinese industry. The NASCAR feature was brilliant, I'd welcome a feature like that on a different form of motorsport each week.

Much better than 'lets drive a crap car a long way' episodes.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 6/2/12 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent episode I thought, much less cocking around than the last series (apart from the stupid ninja stig) and some quite informative stuff. I'm not really into watching NASCAR but a big V8 is a big V8 so it's all good.
MikeRJ

posted on 6/2/12 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
I thought it was rubbish, one of the worst episodes I've seen.

You have made dozens of posts about TG in the past, but I don't think I have ever seen a positive one. Why do you watch it?

whitestu

posted on 6/2/12 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

especially that nobody I AM fella last week.

He was a bit of a tool wasn't he!

nick205

posted on 6/2/12 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chippy
The bit on the Chinese cars was predictable, like most other Chinese stuff poorly made crap. Ho Hum! just my rambling. Cheers Ray

IMHO this was a good feature highlighting the blinding rate of progress they're making and will continue to make. You have you admire in some ways the way they just copy what they like the look of safe in the knowledge that their government will back them up if the likes of BMW go after them (I don't agree with the practice BTW). Like it or not we (Europe) will soon enough be rolling about in their cars too. The "Rover" one first by the look of it.

nick205

posted on 6/2/12 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Quite enjoyed the NASCAR feature myself. Can't see it catching on outside of the USA or maybe Australia, but it is quite refreshingly basic compared to F1, WRC and even touring cars.

Surrey Dave

posted on 6/2/12 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Will.I.Am

I thought Will.I.Am was a surpringly impressive geezer!

Worked for Intel, part of a massive band (Black Eyed Peas), working on his own car project.

I thought Matt LeBlanc was a bit boring but , he was brilliant in that 'Episodes' prog they talked about, and his lap looked so slow it just had to be quick!!!

Perhaps we should reveal our ages on this post so we can work out what stage of development we are at!!!!!

I'll go 1st 50 f***in' 7!!!!!!!!

blakep82

posted on 6/2/12 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
thats right, total nobody lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will.i.am_production_discography
and thats only the tunes he's produced. never mind all his other work he breifly mentioned on TG

or nobody because you've not heard of him? perhaps a bit lacking in personality yes, but can't deny he's very successful!

as for TG getting lazy/samey, so do these threads, yet we do them every week who's worse? them for making it for the people who watch and enjoy it? or the people who watch it and complain about it every week?
(i'm slightly biased, my heads been filled with complaining all weekend, and i'm fed up of it lol)

I enjoyed it, especially the nascar bit very concerned about crap chinese cars filling up the world soon though

[Edited on 6/2/12 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

adithorp

posted on 6/2/12 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
I thought it was rubbish, one of the worst episodes I've seen.

You have made dozens of posts about TG in the past, but I don't think I have ever seen a positive one. Why do you watch it?

EErrm... the clue's in the name.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Chippy

posted on 6/2/12 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave
Perhaps we should reveal our ages on this post so we can work out what stage of development we are at!!!!!

Well if its like that, 70 "f***in" 2!!!!!

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

plentywahalla

posted on 6/2/12 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chippy
quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave

Well if its like that, 70 "f***in" 2!!!!!

i'm 60 f***in' nothing.... So I'm not the only old git on here then.... And where's my Winter Fuel Payment when I need it!!

Oh ... and I did watch TG. Not bad episode, but I hate the 'news' bit as it is so obviously scripted but made to sound spontaneous. Like the bicycles bit which was puerile.

[Edited on 6/2/12 by plentywahalla]

Rules are for the guidance of wise men ... and the obedience of fools. (anon)

JoelP

posted on 6/2/12 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
I always fast forward the guest star bit, as im not usually interested in what they have to say or what they are plugging! I thought the nascar bit was interesting, the stig bit foolish, and the chinese car bit ok. Could have been a lot worse!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 6/2/12 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not really a fan of NASCAR, but it did make me realise there is skill and large cahunas involved. Respect.
mistergrumpy

posted on 7/2/12 at 01:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I've probably never made a positive post as I tend only to point out the rubbish ones. All the rest I like. I never really realised I made that many negative comments that would give you cause to remember, a quick search doesn't show too many and I'm sure there's lots more regular posters who always go on about it not being informative enough and "not another 3 idiots driving across a country" type threads.

I suppose it's the same as the kit car manufacturers and supplies shops. People hardly ever post up good experiences because it's just what you'd expect, the norm. However, when someone has a bad experience, people are all over it.

But true, I am a miserable bast**d.
Sorry if it offends

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.