Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Collecting a kit
TheGiantTribble

posted on 15/2/12 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Collecting a kit

Hi everyone.

Well I've had the call from Westfield, my 11 kit will be ready for collection next week YAY

Now my problem is while I can drive on my licence (you know one of them strange paper thingy's) up to a 3.5 tonner, I absolutley hate driving anything bigger than a car, the Mrs reconds it turns me into a stress head for about a week!

Can anyone recommend a person or company who might be able to collect and deliver Chassis/bodywork and few boxs of parts? Birmingham to Clacton, yes I really would rather pay some one rather than do it myself, I hate driving vans that much!

Westfield recommend a Luton type van with a flat floor and minimum space of 150" x 67"

Thanks in advance

Bill

Agriv8

posted on 15/2/12 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Bill,

have you tried westfield they may offer delivery service or will have someone they have used ?

just a thought

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

eddie99

posted on 15/2/12 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
I can probably do it next week for petrol cost and a bit for timee

Any interest to you? If so give me a call on 07590 804865

[Edited on 15/2/12 by eddie99]

[Edited on 15/2/12 by eddie99]

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
James

posted on 15/2/12 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Would Westfield not courier it all out to you?

Would seem the simplest way to me.

Good luck with the build!

Jams

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

designer

posted on 15/2/12 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Shiply.com
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bluemoon

posted on 15/2/12 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Managed to get MK into large long wheel base transit (do check measurement it's a while ago now!)
stevec

posted on 15/2/12 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
You may be missing out on a factory tour and lot of tips and advise and a cup of tea by not collecting it your self.

Steve.

bi22le

posted on 15/2/12 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Why not get a friend to drive? You will need help to unload at youth end anyway.

if i was picking up a new kit i would want to visit and collect from the factory. you can check it and ask any final questions.

i can't wait until i get to collect a new kit.

good luck with the build.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

TheGiantTribble

posted on 15/2/12 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply/suggestions all.

Unfortunatly Westfield said from the very start they don't organise/arrange transport

Thanks for the offer Eddie I may give ya a ring 'morrow.
And Steve I've already had the factory tour...I must have enjoyed it as I then handed them me money Ouchie.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.