Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: viper engine now in a sierra 3dr
bj928

posted on 19/2/12 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
viper engine now in a sierra 3dr

well, thought i would post an update for anyone intereted in what i had done with the viper viento, the engine is now sitting in a ford sierra 3dr, its has been hard work, and still a few bits to finnish, but here is a teaser, should be a better video up soon. sounds nice in last video going off down the road.

the viento will be getting more power and 4x4 setup, i decided all this and just rear drive wouldn't work, so decided 4x4 would be better but need a shorter engine to get the front axle to fit, lincoln navigator front axle will be used, because it matches the rear, and a built modular supercharged alloy engine will be used for power.

from this

to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-xNlhhlrHo&context=C3330034ADOEgsToPDskJ8YtsL66VPFscNfAltCKGm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwf0Zu-NCX8&context=C3330034ADOEgsToPDskJ8YtsL66VPFscNfAltCKGm

MsD

posted on 19/2/12 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
That is a proper weapon! If a kitted 3dr Sierra could ever be classed as a sleeper then that is!

Was quite looking forwrad to seeing it in the 7, but theres only so much power two little strips of rubber can put down

[Edited on 19/2/12 by MsD]

omega0684

posted on 19/2/12 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bj928

posted on 19/2/12 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsD
That is a proper weapon! If a kitted 3dr Sierra could ever be classed as a sleeper then that is!

Was quite looking forwrad to seeing it in the 7, but theres only so much power two little strips of rubber can put down

not sure the 7 will be done any time soon, but all being well it will have over 1000hp at the wheels in a 4wd setup, yes thats 1000hp at the wheels, the sierra is my friends and the engine is mine, but i'm working on a ford focus rwd conversion this year to get to know the modular ford engine, using a mustang cobra 4.6 with uprated supercharger, i want to see what size the engines are and how they tune, i allready have the heads off a ford GT supercar which are the heads for the 7 build, other specs will be up as and when i get the bits, the 7 will be built to a state but will not have engine till last, basicly iva ready with no engine

big_wasa

posted on 19/2/12 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
love it.
franky

posted on 19/2/12 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bj928
quote:
Originally posted by MsD

not sure the 7 will be done any time soon, but all being well it will have over 1000hp at the wheels in a 4wd setup, yes thats 1000hp at the wheels, the sierra is my friends and the engine is mine, but i'm working on a ford focus rwd conversion this year to get to know the modular ford engine, using a mustang cobra 4.6 with uprated supercharger, i want to see what size the engines are and how they tune, i allready have the heads off a ford GT supercar which are the heads for the 7 build, other specs will be up as and when i get the bits, the 7 will be built to a state but will not have engine till last, basicly iva ready with no engine

Nothing like setting yourself an expensive challenge 1000bhp at the wheels on a 4wd car is about 1200bhp at the crank. I'd hate to be your bank manager I guess if you went for american hp it'll be cheaper!

Good luck.

wilkingj

posted on 19/2/12 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Played the Youtube Video... WHAT A LET DOWN!!!
It sounded much better in the Viento when it was on the trailer, at the show. I think it was at Newark.

Sounded nice then..

But what a shoehorn job... Well done.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bj928

posted on 19/2/12 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
quote:
Originally posted by bj928
quote:
Originally posted by MsD

Nothing like setting yourself an expensive challenge 1000bhp at the wheels on a 4wd car is about 1200bhp at the crank. I'd hate to be your bank manager I guess if you went for american hp it'll be cheaper!

Good luck.

with the modular ford engine in america 1000hp at the wheels is a low power setup, and cheapish, and if you get the not so important bits from forums then you can keep the cost down, the complete heads should be $5000, i paid $2000 and they don't look used, block is $2500, rotating assembly rated at 2500hp is $4000, and everything else are the cheaper bits, it will be dry sump, with a whipple 4.0 supercharger.

the heads

scudderfish

posted on 19/2/12 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684

NeilP

posted on 20/2/12 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Big John you are a god of the truly mad-as-a-badger british kind

I still want to see you stripping tarmac and doing wheelies in the Viento in due course.

N.

p.s. Mine still sounds better than yours

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

bj928

posted on 20/2/12 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
Big John you are a god of the truly mad-as-a-badger british kind

I still want to see you stripping tarmac and doing wheelies in the Viento in due course.

N.

p.s. Mine still sounds better than yours

this is what mine will sound like, and be 4x4 as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CMocCDjvJY

real american muscle

NeilP

posted on 21/2/12 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ooohhh!

I just made a sticky mess in my pants

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

bj928

posted on 21/2/12 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
Ooohhh!

I just made a sticky mess in my pants

my guess is that i will build the car up and IVA with an old pre73 ford 302, with a 331 stroke kit (well at least thats what i will tell them), that makes it 5.4ltr, then when i put the modern 5.4 in that needs an engine number as its a brand new block, it can have the engine number off the old 5.4, think thats called playing the DVLA system, and because the engine size and number haven't changed, i don't need to tell them ,

bj928

posted on 13/8/12 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
had the sierra at ford fair over the weekend and got it on the dyno, 599.8 bhp and 672 lb/ft, thing grip could have been a big issue in the 7, 4wd is a much better option for the 7

video to follow

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.