New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sense at last...
andylancaster3000

posted on 6/3/12 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Sense at last...

Apologies if it's a re-post.

Spotted on another forum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-17182211

Finally, some common sense on the matter prevails!

bob tatt

posted on 6/3/12 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
At last, and hopefully it will stop other idiots that buy property near to race circuits from complaining about the noise
scootz

posted on 6/3/12 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Absolute nuts!

It's Evolution Baby!

vinny1275

posted on 6/3/12 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
About time - how can you not notice a stadium big enough for a speedway and greyhound track in the middle? Noise is what closed Exeter speedway down - unfortunately the rugby club who own the ground didn't renew their permission when the lease ran out... after nearly 80 years!

And Donington - at a drivers briefing there one day, the guy was talking about the noise limits as a FedEx 747 was taking off from East Midlands, coming right over the circuit...

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 6/3/12 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Errr how come the environmental survey didn't show up he fact that they were buying right next door to a stadium when they were purchasing...
Confused but excited.

posted on 6/3/12 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Now the other track owners can appeal! Whizzo!
Anyone who spends the kind of money needed to buy a house, without doing some basic research into the locality etc, gets all they deserve. IMHO of course.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

A1

posted on 6/3/12 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
i hate to sound childish but... haha stupid fools! now they have to pay back 85grand!

finally good to see moaners NOT get their way

coyoteboy

posted on 6/3/12 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
As someone who hates noisy neighbours (At unreasonable times) I can see how it might be REALLY irritating. But that's why I bought a semi-detached house away from a football ground and drinks bottling plant instead of the lovely newbuild detached right next to them.

Glad common sense prevails.

deltron63

posted on 6/3/12 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
The track is a couple of miles from my house. Someone bought a house in the country next to a speedway track,then complained about the noise !!!
I can remember something about a digger driving through the house. then it caught fire later on. did i mention its also a banger racing track.
Strange how things happen when you annoy the wrong people

deltron63

posted on 6/3/12 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xtreme Kermit
Errr how come the environmental survey didn't show up he fact that they were buying right next door to a stadium when they were purchasing...

they must have drove past the track to get to the house

morcus

posted on 6/3/12 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
It's a great result. People seem to do this all the time, move somewhere then complain about somthing thats been happening since before they were born. Near where my grandad lives someone moved in and made some sort of noise complaint that was investigated and turned out to be a wood pecker and a few other wild birds.

These people all ways say the same things about not knowing at the time but if that really was the case, the people they should be sueing are the estates agents and surveyors for not telling them it was there.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

theduck

posted on 6/3/12 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
It's a great result. People seem to do this all the time, move somewhere then complain about somthing thats been happening since before they were born. Near where my grandad lives someone moved in and made some sort of noise complaint that was investigated and turned out to be a wood pecker and a few other wild birds.

These people all ways say the same things about not knowing at the time but if that really was the case, the people they should be sueing are the estates agents and surveyors for not telling them it was there.

I'm sorry but WHAT?? It's buyer beware, not, estate agent tell you everything. Estate agents are (generally) unqualified sales people. Surveyors also are only concerned with the house being fit for purpose and appropriately priced. If anyone is to blame it's the solicitor, however the work the solicitor does would only highlight previous complaints. So really it's all down to the buyer being, IMO, a buy if a prat.

posted on 6/3/12 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
People are dying to get up my end of the village!

I live next to the church.

Every Friday evening is bell ringing practice. 6.30 till 9 ish,
but I wouldn't swap it for anywhere else.

Cheers
Paul G

morcus

posted on 7/3/12 at 04:20 AM Reply With Quote
I agree with you. I'm wasn't saying they should sue those people, only it would have made more sense to.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

ditchlewis

posted on 7/3/12 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
ive been to that track a few times for the banger racing, not the best of areas, near the airbase with EC135 (707's) & C17's taking off all the time.

Not a quiet place but cheap.....

the circuit is not some thing they could of missed, so far play mr judge i think we should all think twice before we sue someone and maybe our insurance would come down.

Ditch

BenB

posted on 7/3/12 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Result.

Winds me up. Here in Norf London we had the bloke that played Alf Garnett move into a big f off house near Kenwood (big park open to the public) and then started complaining about the noise from the open air concerts with fireworks that had been happening there every summer since the 1950s. As a result the council pulled the permission for a year.

The next year the council held their usual consultation on it and the company that did the concerts e-mailed all the people who had previously bought a ticket and asked them to do the consultation in favour. Result= Camden council website crashed for three days!

the next year the whinging scroats tried putting in a complaint so that although there was permission to have the events there wasn't going to be permission to put up the lighting rigs needed for the events to actually go ahead. By that time though I think the organisers had someone on the inside because the planned planning hijack was found out and once again Camden's website crashed for a couple of days

Really winds me up.

Slimy38

posted on 7/3/12 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
I remember a news article about an old couple who complained to a school about there being excessive noise at playtimes and lunchtimes. If you're going to live near a school, then chances are you will hear children playing!
coyoteboy

posted on 7/3/12 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
We used to get told off at school for making too much noise near the fences because people were complaining. To be fair kids can be retarded at times and scream for no reason just to make a noise, but in this case they'd just moved in and not anticipated the noise.

quote:
the people they should be sueing are the estates agents and surveyors for not telling them it was there.

I wholely expected estate agents NOT to tell me about the problems and every house I visited I went round at different times of the day and checked with all of the neighbours.

I still ended up with some people who seem to think 11pm-2am is a normal time to chase out cable routes in walls and spare no thought for their neighbours when shutting all of their windows with the hardest slam possible.

MikeRJ

posted on 7/3/12 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
This is an excellent result, thank god for common sense. NIMBY's that move close to a pre-existing source of noise and then complain need filtering out of the gene pool.
vanepico

posted on 7/3/12 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 907
People are dying to get up my end of the village!

I live next to the church.

Every Friday evening is bell ringing practice. 6.30 till 9 ish,
but I wouldn't swap it for anywhere else.

Cheers
Paul G

There is nothing I find more annoying than church bells! Install some V8s in instead!

If anyone other than a church were making that kind of noise they'd get arrested, but I suppose it is like the article above, if it pisses you off, don't move there! How long has Christianity been around? :p

Pete

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.