Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fireblade Carb jetting??
Proby

posted on 23/3/12 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Fireblade Carb jetting??

Right, here goes. I've not done many miles in my F27 blade, possibly only a few hundred, and always though it lacked power at 10k revs plus. It's recently started spluttering a bit also when hitting 10k revs. It pulls nice and smooth up to it no problems. I've totally stripped the carbs and cleaned thoroughly, but to be honest apart from a bit of residue in the float bowls, they were ok. The car is running an upside down standard airbox, which when I bought it had a standard filter in (I never run the car with this in, as it had been standing for years and the airbox infested with mice!) I swapped the panel for a K&N, which I didn't expect to lean it out much? The car is also popping and banging quite loudly on the overun, which i believe is a sign of running lean? It's only running 120 main jets, and I have some varying larger mains from a dynojet kit I used on another blade engine years ago. My main question is, could I try increasing the main jet size slightly without touching needles? To try and eliminate 10k rpm splutter? (as I'm guessing needles are fully out the jets, with the fuel flowing full bore at this point, or will it upset midrange? I know ideally it. Ideally it could do with a dyno run, any ideas of somewhere that sets up blade engines with car capable rollers in the midlands?

[Edited on 23/3/12 by Proby]

andrew.carwithen

posted on 23/3/12 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
From memory, 120 mains seem a little small. I'm sure I fitted 132 mains (though that was with a sausage filter) as supplied in a dynojet kit from Andy bates of AB Performance.
His dynojet kits have the correct size jets needles etc. and provided you set up the carbs correctly as per his instructions, you'll have no need for a rolling road as Andy put in all the development work to come up with the appropriate sizes etc.
Fit his kit, balance the carbs etc. and your engine will pull right through the rev range with no flat spots at all - mine did.

[Edited on 23/3/12 by andrew.carwithen]

wz1musik

posted on 23/3/12 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
yes need 132 mains and dyno jet kit and have it setup properly. could be running too lean. thats what my blade engine was doing with the piper x air filter on top of the carbs letting so much air in and the different exhaust manifold it all needed setting up properly. before i did this it wouldnt rev past 6000
hope that helps.

Kind Regards

Wesley

wz1musik

posted on 23/3/12 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
swinton motors in Mexborough Doncaster they have dyno kits and bike and car rollers. they unplug the computer from the bike rollers and pop on the car rollers.
Proby

posted on 23/3/12 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, I remember 132's were what I used on my last setup (with a sausage filter), but don't forget, I have an original AIRBOX (although it's upside down and piped up to the carbs. Andy Is prob the man to speak to actually! I'll have to ring him and pick his brains!
bigfoot4616

posted on 23/3/12 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
132's where to rich on mine with the pipercross airbox(which isn't very good), had to drop down to 128's.
done on a rolling road.

andyfiggy2002

posted on 24/3/12 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
yep, 893cc, 132 jets, dynojet, pipercross sock filter, 128bhp

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.